Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

27 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Apparently GB was trying to trade to 32 to grab Pickens last night. He probably won't be there at 39 now.....

Who said that?   If they were trading up it was probably for Nakobe Dean or better yet Malik Willis.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I was thinking the same...also don't see the Jets doubling up after picking Wilson.

Giants could. We seen two teams yesterday trade away their #1 and one team replaced him with a draftee.

I forgot the Jets drafted Wilson. So yeah I doubt they would be interested. Especially since they already have a 2nd rd Moore from last year as well.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I bet he takes a RB at some point or at least brings in some UDFA RBs just because he loves this class of RBs.

I would be crazy shocked if it was 2nd or 3rd though.

RB is literally the deepest position on the team right now. UDFA and PS is fine. But if he takes a RB in the draft when we have so many more important needs then he's an absolute idiot.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Giants could. We seen two teams yesterday trade away their #1 and one team replaced him with a draftee.

I forgot the Jets drafted Wilson. So yeah I doubt they would be interested. Especially since they already have a 2nd rd Moore from last year as well.

RB is literally the deepest position on the team right now. UDFA and PS is fine. But if he takes a RB in the draft when we have so many more important needs then he's an absolute idiot.

If he is only going to build through draft or primarily and he doesn't want to pay RBs 2nd contracts then he needs a pipeline of them.

Just saying when asked about draft he singled out RBs as a position group he loved.   Maybe it was misinformation.

50 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He would have been drafted yesterday if all that was true.

Sometimes you have to take a swing on upside and try and steal value.

Agreed, but will Ryan Poles do that with his first ever selection as a General Manager?

Just now, dll2000 said:

If he is only going to build through draft or primarily and he doesn't want to pay RBs 2nd contracts then he needs a pipeline of them.

Just saying when asked about draft he singled out RBs as a position group he loved.   Maybe it was misinformation.

He can wait till next year. RBs are a dime a dozen and it's a plug n play position.

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Ditto, but who is that leader on offense that will tell a George Pickens to STFU, or check him when he's being a clown?

Lucas Patrick? Maybe...

Justin Fields? I don't know if he's that kind of a leader, but he very well could be

Darnell Mooney? Doubt it

Cole Kmet? Meh

Teven Jenkins I suspect

6 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

IMO 39 best offensive player(OL or WR)  trade down from 48 if possible.  If not, OL, WR, pass rusher or DB.  We need either 2 WR 1 OL or 2 OL 1 WR in this draft, preferably 2 of each. 

If Willis is still on board at 39, would we trade that pick if we got that teams 1st or 2nd next year?  I wouldn't put it past the Saints to do that. 

I have a gut feeling we're going to draft Kinnard

Pretty sure New Orelans has no first next year, they sold it to get another first this year from PHI

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He can wait till next year. RBs are a dime a dozen and it's a plug n play position.

I agree.  Well I agree it is easy to find RBs for time being.  Just not sure if it will stop Poles from drafting one. 

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Who said that?   If they were trading up it was probably for Nakobe Dean or better yet Malik Willis.

The tweet has since been deleted so dude could have been just talking out of his rear end for clicks, and/or could have gotten himself into trouble for leaking info... hard to know while knowing nothing about the source.

Interesting that the Bears have put up an article on their website looking at the "Top 25 remaining prospects" no George Pickens or Perrion Winfrey...could they be trying to throw people off or could they have removed some guys from the board?