Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

So, what are we thinking, is Robert Quinn getting traded today or nah?  I think that the value wont be there tomorrow for him unless they get another vet and a late round pick in return.

If we could get something like a late 3rd or early-mid 4th then I would do it for sure.

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that the Bears have put up an article on their website looking at the "Top 25 remaining prospects" no George Pickens or Perrion Winfrey...could they be trying to throw people off or could they have removed some guys from the board?

They gave their sources.   Nothing to do with anything.  

Just threw a quick mock together on PFF

top of the 2nd didn’t go great as Raimann, Booth, Dean, Moore, and Pickens all go right before our pick 

trade 2.39 to Detroit (who grabs a qb) for 2.46, 3.97, and 6.181. Based on last night, I think that would be a lot, but maybe there’s a qb/division tax built in

2.46 - kyler gordon (starting cb) - UW

trade 2.48 to NE for 2.54 and 4.121. NE jumps up and grabs Pitre

2.54 - John metchie (pierce still on the board, but there’s something about metchie I really like) - bama 

3.71 - darian kinnard (starting RG) - kentucky 

3.97 - Luke fortner (development C) - Kentucky 

4.121 - Dominique Robinson (really like this guy as a development DE) - miami oh 

5.148 - Matt waletzko (development LT) - north dakota 

5.150 - tyquan Thornton - wr - Baylor 

6.181 - derion Kendrick - cb - uga 

6.186 - Leon o’neal - S - A&M 

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Apparently GB was trying to trade to 32 to grab Pickens last night. He probably won't be there at 39 now.....

Tampa might be a good spot for him to go, Brady wouldn't put up with any nonsense

Green Bay if they find a trade partner might not be a bad spot either.... Rodgers is already a headcase, and if Pickens really is one too, their locker room could be explosive in a good way for everyone else but the Packers.

Being fair - is GB’s WR room as it sits right now, before day 2 of the draft, any better than ours? Their top returning WR (Lazard) had 513 yards last year. Watkins hasn’t gone over 500 since 2019, and has only gone over 600 once since 2015 (wow). Cobb has 816 yards in the last 2 seasons combined. Rodgers had 4 catches last year as a rookie.

Lazard

Watkins

Cobb

Rodgers

Winfree

Gafford

Blair

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Being fair - is GB’s WR room as it sits right now, before day 2 of the draft, any better than ours? Their top returning WR (Lazard) had 513 yards last year. Watkins hasn’t gone over 500 since 2019, and has only gone over 600 once since 2015 (wow). Cobb has 816 yards in the last 2 seasons combined. Rodgers had 4 catches last year as a rookie.

Lazard

Watkins

Cobb

Rodgers

Winfree

Gafford

Blair

Yes, but they have top 3 QB in league right now, a good OL in place, a good RB and a very good, perhaps great defense.

So there is that.  

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, but they have top 3 QB in league right now, a good OL in place, a good RB and a very good, perhaps great defense.

So there is that.  

I’m not disputing that. Just saying that for all the crap that gets talked about our WR room that theirs is probably worse. And those other things were also true before round 1 yet they still did nothing at WR with 2 picks. There’s just very little logic to it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Being fair - is GB’s WR room as it sits right now, before day 2 of the draft, any better than ours?

That's a really low bar to set and even then it's comparable. Mooney is clearly the best WR on both teams but after that it gets really shaky. I'd take Lazard over Pringle all day long. He has a good chance to break out this year.

Career averages

Mooney: 843 yards, 4Tds in 2 years
Pringle: 299 yards, 2Tds in 3 years
Moore: 233 yards, 2.5Tds in 5 years
St E: 181 yards, 1/3TD in 3 years

Watkins: 632 yards, 4Tds in 8 years
Lazard: 362 yards, 3.5Tds in 3 years
Cobb: 652 yards, 4.7Tds in 11 years

Last 3 year averages:

Mooney: 71 rec, 843 yds, 4Tds *2 years
Pringle: 22 rec, 299 yds, 2Tds
Moore: 17 rec, 239 yds, 3Tds
St James: 12 rec, 181 yds, 1/3Td

Lazard: 36 rec, 480 yds, 5Tds
Watkins: 39 rec, 496 yds, 2Tds
Cobb: 40 rec, 548 yards, 4Tds

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not disputing that. Just saying that for all the crap that gets talked about our WR room that theirs is probably worse. And those other things were also true before round 1 yet they still did nothing at WR with 2 picks. There’s just very little logic to it. 

We should be talking **** about our OL room.

Before the draft starts today we likely have the worst OLroom in the NFL.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Can we not have a discussion about anything else without you making it about our OL? 😂🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No. Unproven, yes. But not the worst. Your infatuation with the G position is creepy lol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's a really low bar to set and even then it's comparable. Mooney is clearly the best WR on both teams but after that it gets really shaky. I'd take Lazard over Pringle all day long. He has a good chance to break out this year.

Them being comparable was really the point I was trying to make. Lazard is certainly going to get an opportunity to break out.