Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

no George Pickens or Perrion Winfrey...could they be trying to throw people off or could they have removed some guys from the board?

Bit interesting on Winfrey at least.... one might understand Pickens if they scratched him off the board for the much talked about character concerns.... I don't remember ever hearing bad about Winfrey though... and if they didn't like his tape, they wouldn't have brought him in for one of the 30 visits.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that the Bears have put up an article on their website looking at the "Top 25 remaining prospects" no George Pickens or Perrion Winfrey...could they be trying to throw people off or could they have removed some guys from the board?

All it is a compiled list of analysts' big boards and one of them has both Winfrey and Pickens

Dane Brugler, The Athletic

No. 39: Georgia receiver George Pickens
Comment: Despite a few red flags, Pickens has the traits to develop into Justin Fields' WR1.

No. 48: Oklahoma defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey
Comment: Winfrey gives the Bears the interior disruption they have been searching for this offseason.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Bit interesting on Winfrey at least.... one might understand Pickens if they scratched him off the board for the much talked about character concerns.... I don't remember ever hearing bad about Winfrey though... and if they didn't like his tape, they wouldn't have brought him in for one of the 30 visits.

I think it is more "hey, look over there" 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All it is a compiled list of analysts' big boards and one of them has both Winfrey and Pickens

Dane Brugler, The Athletic

No. 39: Georgia receiver George Pickens
Comment: Despite a few red flags, Pickens has the traits to develop into Justin Fields' WR1.

No. 48: Oklahoma defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey
Comment: Winfrey gives the Bears the interior disruption they have been searching for this offseason.

Yeah but the one on the website doesn't include these too...as I said before it it played out that those were the two picks I would be ecstatic...I just think they are hoping to throw some people of the scent. 

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Yeah but the one on the website doesn't include these too...as I said before it it played out that those were the two picks I would be ecstatic...I just think they are hoping to throw some people of the scent. 

Your talking about this article, right?

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/best-available-players-bears-round-2-mock-drafts-analysts-predictions-experts

Yeah, that's just an extension of the article I posted where it shows a compiled list of analysts.

The link you posted is just a list from NFL.com based on their opinion.

With the Bears holding the No. 39, No. 48 and No. 71 overall picks in the 2022 NFL Draft, check out NFL.com's list of the top 25 remaining prospects available to be selected heading into Day 2.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah, that's just an extension of the article I posted where it shows a compiled list of analysts.

The link you posted is just a list from NFL.com based on their opinion.

With the Bears holding the No. 39, No. 48 and No. 71 overall picks in the 2022 NFL Draft, check out NFL.com's list of the top 25 remaining prospects available to be selected heading into Day 2.

Weird that NFL.com don't have either guy in there...we should 100% have those guys high on this board...especially giving the scheme fits.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the talking heads reached out to their team sources and got similar feedback about George Pickens as I've been posting on this board / as people on twitter have been saying.

Just now, G08 said:

I think the talking heads reached out to their team sources and got similar feedback about George Pickens as I've been posting on this board / as people on twitter have been saying.

If it's not criminal I will deal with a super talented diva.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If it's not criminal I will deal with a super talented diva.

Again, have to remember this is Ryan Poles' first ever draft pick as a GM.

He'd be risking his reputation as well in a sense.

Shea McClellin... Kevin White... etc

Just now, G08 said:

Again, have to remember this is Ryan Poles' first ever draft pick as a GM.

He'd be risking his reputation as well in a sense.

Shea McClellin... Kevin White... etc

Yeah he would...but Poles shouldn't pay for the past mistakes of others...he needs to take risks to add as much talent as possible to this team...if he trusts his process and thinks Pickens or anyone else is the guy then he should pull the trigger.

• Like 2

if he trusts his process and thinks Pickens or anyone else is the guy then he should pull the trigger.

No argument here, take the best player on your board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

So, what are we thinking, is Robert Quinn getting traded today or nah?  I think that the value wont be there tomorrow for him unless they get another vet and a late round pick in return.

I doubt it unless it's a 2nd or high 3rd.