Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And your take is wrong. 7 pick for pick trades and 5 of them for sure fall right in line with the TVC. A creation from 3 decades ago. And a 6th falls in line with the newer ones.

You are using one outlier, a bad move by a single team, something that happens every single year, to try prove a point that is incorrect. I never said we or anyone else we’re getting a haul in a trade, you are the one claiming that there is a change  

Over a third of the league has made trades thus far and agreed that the picks are all worth the same as have been in the past. And that’s without any of these moves being for a QB, which is what pushes the gross heavily to the positive

So factually...was there more or less value overall for teams moving down in round 1? The answer is less...

As I said...you can't just remove the data that you don't want.

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not for me. We need more talent at different positions, not the ones where we already have capable players (and good depth.

I also personally think the gap between Hall and Isaiah Spiller is really small. 

I would also so the gap between Monty and Hall is still there in favour of Monty...yes the contact year is a concern but we have already protected ourselves with Herbert.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would be sitting on WR.

Pickens

Watson

Moore

I think the 3 technique spot will play in with Hall and Winfrey.

More and more I am starting to like Jalen Tolbert later in the draft. Poor man's Davante Adams?

I also think David Bell will be great value if he falls to the 4th (assuming we have a pick thurr)

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So factually...was there more or less value overall for teams moving down in round 1? The answer is less...

As I said...you can't just remove the data that you don't want.

Your spin zone is sad to watch. 

Even if I give you the absurd outlier, the total is -283 (on the 1991 chart). So across 7 trades that’s an average of -40. The equivalent of the end of the 4th/top of the 5th depending on Compensatory picks.

That is hardly some massive swing in value that you were espousing. And if your take was remotely correct, then How have Any single one of these teams get positive value for their picks? Riddle me that one?

If you’re being any bit rational about the Minnesota situation, we’re actually looking at -53 (based on the old charts), which is in the single digits per trade.

But sure, there’s just no value in this draft to trading picks, we would be lucky to pull a 7th rounder dropping half a round I’d bet

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

More and more I am starting to like Jalen Tolbert later in the draft. Poor man's Davante Adams?

I also think David Bell will be great value if he falls to the 4th (assuming we have a pick thurr)

Tolbert is a guy who falls into the trade back category for me...I think #39 is too high but worry after last night a team like the Packers could come up to take take him not long after that pick...need to have a group they are comfortable with...

Bell in the 4th would be a steal.

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Your spin zone is sad to watch. 

Even if I give you the absurd outlier, the total is -283 (on the 1991 chart). So across 7 trades that’s an average of -40. The equivalent of the end of the 4th/top of the 5th depending on Compensatory picks.

That is hardly some massive swing in value that you were espousing. And if your take was remotely correct, then How have Any single one of these teams get positive value for their picks? Riddle me that one?

If you’re being any bit rational about the Minnesota situation, we’re actually looking at -53 (based on the old charts), which is in the single digits per trade.

But sure, there’s just no value in this draft to trading picks, we would be lucky to pull a 7th rounder dropping half a round I’d bet

Can't spin facts dude...

Listen I appreciate that you have a lot of Soul on this...but it's irrelevant because you want to remove data which can't be removed if you want a fair take...

No one said we would be lucky to get a 7th for dropping half a round...all that was said is you wouldn't get perfect value which was what you were trying to project...the numbers prove that.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Tolbert is a guy who falls into the trade back category for me...I think #39 is too high but worry after last night a team like the Packers could come up to take take him not long after that pick...need to have a group they are comfortable with...

Bell in the 4th would be a steal.

Metchie's 2020 tape is pretty damned good as well.

39 is too high for Tolbert... I like him at 48 though, love him at 71.

Just now, G08 said:

Metchie's 2020 tape is pretty damned good as well.

39 is too high for Tolbert... I like him at 48 though, love him at 71.

I really like Metchie and think he can play both inside and outside in the pros...the only question with him is the medical and when will he be ready to go?

5 hours ago, G08 said:

He got suspended for behavior, suspended for fighting on-field, and flagged, not sure if suspended again, for squirting water on an opposing player during a game.

Cmon GO8. That's kids stuff. The UGA team as a whole is talented but undisciplined. Welcome to the SEC brother. This kid is another Terrell Owens. Is he a diva? Yes. But he is as talented as WR in this draft outside of the Bama kid. If he is there at 39 ,I would take him.

Just now, RTD said:

Cmon GO8. That's kids stuff. The UGA team as a whole is talented but undisciplined. Welcome to the SEC brother. This kid is another Terrell Owens. Is he a diva? Yes. But he is as talented as WR in this draft outside of the Bama kid. If he is there at 39 ,I would take him.

Hey man, it pains me to say all this because I LOVE his talent. I think he's a true-blue #1 WR and is precisely the X we are looking for on our roster. If someone could tell me his health checks out and he won't be a d-bag/pain-in-the-***, I'd draft him yesterday!