Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

Detroit added some more high end talent like I predicted.   They are finally taking advantage of high picks last couple of years.

Ravens do Ravens things.  In draft anyway.  If they were as good at FA as draft they would have multiple championships.  

Ravens got Hamilton and Linderbaum because Hamilton ran slow and Linderbaum has short arms.   So stupid.  Remember that next time one of you tells me to listen to what rest of league is saying about this guy or that guy and scoffing at me.  I do not care what they think.  A lot of them anyway.

NFL people can be stupid just like any other humans.  

35 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm hearing some rumblings that Pickens is a Grade-A ******* to the point where it can negatively impact a locker room.

Not sure he's the pick at 39, but who knows. Can't deny his talent.

FWIW it didn’t seem to be a problem for Georgia. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If they are just a holes I can live with that.

Ditto, but who is that leader on offense that will tell a George Pickens to STFU, or check him when he's being a clown?

Lucas Patrick? Maybe...

Justin Fields? I don't know if he's that kind of a leader, but he very well could be

Darnell Mooney? Doubt it

Cole Kmet? Meh

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW it didn’t seem to be a problem for Georgia. 

He got suspended for behavior, suspended for fighting on-field, and flagged, not sure if suspended again, for squirting water on an opposing player during a game.

Edited by G08

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ditto, but who is that leader on offense that will tell a George Pickens to STFU, or check him when he's being a clown?

Lucas Patrick? Maybe...

Justin Fields? I don't know if he's that kind of a leader, but he very well could be

Darnell Mooney? Doubt it

Cole Kmet? Meh

Fields

• Like 2

I can live with a few boneheaded personal fouls of it means we get a top WR for Fields to grow with.  Many the top WRs it seems are a holes with egos the size of Texas, Larry Fitzgeralds are diamonds in the rough.  I’m all for Pickens at 39, it would certainly bring some excitement back to this team.

• Like 2

IMO 39 best offensive player(OL or WR)  trade down from 48 if possible.  If not, OL, WR, pass rusher or DB.  We need either 2 WR 1 OL or 2 OL 1 WR in this draft, preferably 2 of each. 

If Willis is still on board at 39, would we trade that pick if we got that teams 1st or 2nd next year?  I wouldn't put it past the Saints to do that. 

I have a gut feeling we're going to draft Kinnard

Edited by Bowler1215

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Ditka gave great advice one time when he said how a QB leads or should.

QB:  “Look s head, there is one football and I control it.  If you want to see it stfu.”  

That is exactly how I would be at QB.  

Didn't Fields do this essentially to Jimmy Graham when he told him if he wanted him to throw him the ball then he needed to get open?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

He got suspended for behavior, suspended for fighting on-field, and flagged, not sure if suspended again, for squirting water on an opposing player during a game.

I meant it didn’t seemingly create a locker room problem. 

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Ditka gave great advice one time when he said how a QB leads or should.

QB:  “Look s head, there is one football and I control it.  If you want to see it stfu.”  

That is exactly how I would be at QB.  

Anyone else remember from Cutler’s first TC here when he lit into Joaquin Iglesias first day for trying to one hand a ball. Something like “Do it right or I’ll never f-ing throw you the ball again!” That would seemingly need to be the approach for Pickens. There’s so much talent there, and for me it’s worth the occasional headache. Steve Smith was crazy but had elite talent. Brandon Marshall too. Pickens has #1 WR ability. If he can be that then you make it work.

Totally get it if they pass on him because of it too though. But we could really use the talent. 

• Like 2