Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

Interesting that NFLN has dropped Pickens to #61...Brugler dropped him a little late as well after having him as high at the 1st...clearly these franchises are warey of him but the need & talent will eventually outweigh that...would be interesting if we went with a tackle like Raimann then hoped he falls to that later 2nd if not further with a trade down...or trade down from #39 to get the most value possible then hope he is still around at #48

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that NFLN has dropped Pickens to #61...Brugler dropped him a little late as well after having him as high at the 1st...clearly these franchises are warey of him but the need & talent will eventually outweigh that...would be interesting if we went with a tackle like Raimann then hoped he falls to that later 2nd if not further with a trade down...or trade down from #39 to get the most value possible then hope he is still around at #48

I'm hearing some teams have taken Pickens off their board altogether because of his character. No bueno.

Just now, G08 said:

Convo's getting stale... let's say we stick at 39.

Give me 3 players you'd LOVE:

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

3 players you'd shurg at:

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

3 players you'd "G08-When-Kevin-White-Was-Drafted":

Angry Work GIF

Perrion Winfrey

George Pickens

Andrew Booth

Berhard Raimann

Kyler Gordon

Boye Mafe

Roger McCreary

Logan Hall

Arnold Ebiketie

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Perrion Winfrey

George Pickens

Andrew Booth

Berhard Raimann

Kyler Gordon

Boye Mafe

Roger McCreary

Logan Hall

Arnold Ebiketie

Well ya gotta add the "love, meh, and hate" gifs to put your own flair to it! 😂

Just now, G08 said:

I'm hearing some teams have taken Pickens off their board altogether because of his character. No bueno.

Yeah that wouldn't shock me either...I just don't think I have enough of a problem with what he got into trouble for to have him off the board...if it's something crazy off the field then fine...fighting on the field? No issue as all.

My list of wants for 39;

1. Andrew Booth
  2. George Pickens
  3. Trade Down
  4. Trade Down
  5. Trade Down
  6. Bernhard Raimann
  7. John Metchie
  8. Perrion Winfrey
  9. DeMarvin Leal

I think Dean, Ojabo and Gordon will be the firat off the board, or they would be on the list as well

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah that wouldn't shock me either...I just don't think I have enough of a problem with what he got into trouble for to have him off the board...if it's something crazy off the field then fine...fighting on the field? No issue as all.

I think he's just a Grade-A arsehole who can disrupt a locker room.

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Regarding my earlier question about Jimmy Graham, disregard.  I found him.  He’s just casually flying a stunt plane doing tricks and stuff. 

** Best Maverick Voice **

I was in-verted.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just want to throw the actual math out there on the Trades that happened in round one, since some are trying to say draft picks are cheap this year. As it has happened alot around here recently, thats just not true, and the actual numbers prove it.

All of them make complete sense when put in context of the TVC, except the first two which would lead to the thoughts that the newer charts are just devaluing the very top of the first round. The WAS/NO swap wasnt egregious except that the Commanders ended up with the lesser WR. And then looking over the MIN/DET swap, all I can come up with is that someone on the Vikings screwed up. If they are sending the Lions pick #77 instead of #46 that trade is a Net +5 for them, instead of a Net -230. It wouldnt be the first time a Minnesota Front Offence completely screwed up in the draft.

WAS sends #11 (1250) to NO for #16 (1000) + #98 (108) + #120 (54) [1162] > Net -88

MIN sends #12 (1200) + #46 (440) [1640] to DET for #32 (590) + #34 (560) + #66 (260) [1410] > Net -230

HOU sends #13 (1150) to PHI for #15 (1050) + #124 (47) + #162 (25) + #166 (23) [1145] > Net -5

NE sends #21 (800) to KC for #29 (640) + #94 (124) + #121 (52) [816] > Net +16

BAL sends #23 (760) to BUF for #25 (720) + #130 (42) [762] > Net +2

TEN sends #26 (700) + #101 (96) [796] to NYJ for #35 (550) + #69 (245) + #163 (24) [819] > Net +23

TB sends #27 (680) to JAX for #33 (580)+ #106 (82) + #180 (17) [679] > Net -1

If you exclude Minnesota's mess up, the the Overall value traded in the first round ends up at a Net -53. And with some of the newer charts dropping the top of the draft, that number is alot closer to 0 as Pick 11 wouldnt be worth nearly as much as stated.

Pretty easy to try and prove a point when you remove the data that disproves it 😂