The 2022 Packers Defense

Packerraymond

58 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

GB making an effort to let Rodgers know he shouldn't have to score 30 to win.  In other words, hand the ball off Aaron.  Score 20.  Let this defense do the heavy lifting for you.

We're far from done on offense. Gutey is gonna spend some capital and money there before the season starts and Rodgers knows it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Good thing they hired a guy to fix that…

They hired a new guy last year to fix it.  Why didn't that work?   The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We had the same OL problems 2 years running in the playoffs.  Playing people out of position and getting crushed by a good defense.   We didn't fix that either last year.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would love to add Ojabo to this defense...

Achilles scare me. Not all players come back as explosive.

But for some reason Edge was dropping all day yesterday after the 5th pick. We have a buffet of delightful edges to pick from this round. Take one at 53/59, take a WR with the other pick, and the best DB on the board at 92 and we have the best defense in the league.

Just really concerned about the DB depth right now, when Dax Hill becomes a star for Cinci I'm gonna be pretty sad.

Edited by Sandy

4 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Achilles scare me. Not all players come back as explosive.

But for some reason Edge was dropping all day yesterday after the top 5. We have a buffet of delightful edges to pick from this round. Take one at 53/59, take a WR with the other pick, and the best DB on the board at 92 and we have the best defense in the league.

Just really concerned about the DB depth right now, when Dax Hill becomes a star for Cinci I'm gonna be pretty sad.

Oh **** that's right. Forgot about his Achilles.

This is probably the least personnel flexible we'll be on defense in a long time. Really no reason to get out of the 4-2-5 look. We'll probably see almost like line changes at DL and EDGE where 4 fresh guys come in to replace Clark, Reed, Gary and Smith. In the back 7, why would you ever take Campbell, Walker, Jaire, Stokes, Rasul, Amos or Savage off the field? 

If we bring King back, I could see a sub-package where Walker goes out and King comes in, and a heavy package where Rasul/Stokes go out and Slaton/Lowry come in. That's about it. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

We're far from done on offense. Gutey is gonna spend some capital and money there before the season starts and Rodgers knows it.

Still two second round picks, multiple vets available, and cap casualties coming available in camp.  Part of the reason of having such a great QB is they don't need elite and high paid WRs to produce.  As long as they get a contributor in the draft, and hopefully a vet in FA still, I fully trust Aaron and MLF to get the job done on offense.  With a great D and run game they shouldn't be depended on as much as recent years.

One thing I am really hoping for is a true PR/KR before the draft ends.  Not a WR/CB/RB that can also return kicks, but a straight up dedicated return man first that hopefully can also contribute elsewhere.  Complete the special teams makeover.

52 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

They hired a new guy last year to fix it.  Why didn't that work?   The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We had the same OL problems 2 years running in the playoffs.  Playing people out of position and getting crushed by a good defense.   We didn't fix that either last year.

They hired a guy with a track record in the league. Last year they didn’t… they took a chance on a young coach, it backfired.

They got a guy now that many felt should of gotten the LV head  coaching job full time.

Like look I get the notion.

But I’m all for this team to be defensively focused and centered. Rodgers makes so much money that I’m of the mind, he is getting paid to figure that side out. He may not have the weapons… but if the defense is elite, Gb isn’t also asking him to score 30+ a game, like in years past.