The 2022 Packers Defense

Packerraymond

15 hours ago, Haha21 said:

No reason this shouldn’t be a top 5 unit.

If we are not a top five unit we need to be royally pissed.  How many more years do we have to go into the draft and say “well at least this year we will have an sharing defense!”  Isn’t this like year twelve that we have said this about defense on draft day?  How many times do we draft defense and our defense looks pretty much exactly the same?   

Ranking top 5 would be huge. We were 14th in 2014 and I remember really liking this defense.

A top 5 defense and a Rodgers who can't depend on Adams and probably wants to prove he should've stayed with him... Yeah, I think we are finally getting over the hump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Ranking top 5 would be huge. We were 14th in 2014 and I remember really liking this defense.

A top 5 defense and a Rodgers who can't depend on Adams and probably wants to prove he should've stayed with him... Yeah, I think we are finally getting over the hump.

Health permitting there's really no excuse for this kind of roster to land outside the top 10 IMO.  This draft and the Reed addition directly addressed our weakest links, now you're just hunting for depth.  Incredibly talented secondary, one of the better pass rush duos in the league, All Pro ILB with new first rounder, and a suddenly kind of deep DL group.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, R T said:

And here I thought you were being crafty counting one of the defensive coaches. 

I was being crafty, just not in the way you expected. 3D craftiness.

I knew of the seven, but I didn’t want to check to see if I missed somebody else from some other team that was at one point a first round pick.

Edited by Outpost31

5 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Seems we are always a year too late on fixing things.  Special teams problems were obvious last year.

OL + Wr  problems should be obvious this year.  Two years in a row we are playing an OL that is not ready in the playoffs.   Probably should do something about that this off-season.   Its already cost us twice.   The WR room has been in steady decline since Gute took over.   Seems he needs to fix it this off-season.

There are still plenty of picks to get both things done.   Hope he has a good 2 days now.

Injuries can't be accounted for .. that's what "ruined" the Packers line last year.  Healthy .. top notch.  Injured as much as they were it's amazing what they did.  Another tackle would be nice for sure though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Seems we are always a year too late on fixing things.  Special teams problems were obvious last year.

OL + Wr  problems should be obvious this year.  Two years in a row we are playing an OL that is not ready in the playoffs.   Probably should do something about that this off-season.   Its already cost us twice.   The WR room has been in steady decline since Gute took over.   Seems he needs to fix it this off-season.

There are still plenty of picks to get both things done.   Hope he has a good 2 days now.

Every playoff team that didn't win the SB is saying the same thing. We were dam close and it does seem like that but the NFL team is a ship with holes in it, every team is incomplete, short handed, broken or just not there yet. I mean look at the finals both teams sucked and we should have or could have beat them both. Not arguing your points they are valid it does seem that way, hopefully we can cover every weakness as best as possible.

Our unit stays healthy yah I'm expecting a top 5 unit.  We are stacked everywhere.  All 3 levels.  Adding Walker and Wyatt should pay immediate dividends.  Wyatt is not Reed he's a far better player.  He can penetrate.  Watched some of his tape and was like holy s**t.  Dude is really explosive for a big man.  Really quick.  Haven't looked at a lot of Walker yet.  Did watch Simms comments on him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blink said:

Health permitting there's really no excuse for this kind of roster to land outside the top 10 IMO.  This draft and the Reed addition directly addressed our weakest links, now you're just hunting for depth.  Incredibly talented secondary, one of the better pass rush duos in the league, All Pro ILB with new first rounder, and a suddenly kind of deep DL group.  

Depth will be important..........lifting every rock to find S, CB, Edge in the late rounds and UDFA market that can push guys will be crucial too. With our top heavy salary cap we'll need cheap players to give the starters a blow and improve ST. 

Edge looks pretty picked clean from the players I know. Sanders is too small. Enagbare is too unathletic. Here's some options I've looked at just now: 

Michael Clemons: 8.21 ras, long arms, good 10y, 3 cone, vert. Great length.  Huge hands.

Isaiah Thomas - vert sucks, but size and all other drills are elite.  9.1 ras.

And, uh...that's all I got.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Edge looks pretty picked clean from the players I know. Sanders is too small. Enagbare is too unathletic. Here's some options I've looked at just now: 

Michael Clemons: 8.21 ras, long arms, good 10y, 3 cone, vert. Great length.  Huge hands.

Isaiah Thomas - vert sucks, but size and all other drills are elite.  9.1 ras.

And, uh...that's all I got.

Dominique Robinson and Jeffrey Gunter look like great fits. Robinson especially sticks outs.

For a deep sleeper late I like De'Shaan Dixon.

• Like 1