Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How do you guys not fall down constantly walking on your tiny feet?

Did your parents bind them like old Chinese people?

Sorta. Funny story regarding that. I wear size 9 shoes. My two younger brothers wear size 11s. My feet are bigger than both of theirs. I attribute it to the fact that we were pretty poor while I was growing up and got new shoes when I COMPLETELY grew out of them while we were doing better when they were kids and they got new shoes regularly. I've multiple times had people at shoe stores tell me I need a bigger size when fitting me but if my shoes aren't small enough that I can barely squeeze into them they feel super weird and almost floppy. I just got so used to wearing shoes that were "too small" that shoes that fit right don't feel like they do.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Sorta. Funny story regarding that. I wear size 9 shoes. My two younger brothers wear size 11s. My feet are bigger than both of theirs. I attribute it to the fact that we were pretty poor while I was growing up and got new shoes when I COMPLETELY grew out of them while we were doing better when they were kids and they got new shoes regularly. I've multiple times had people at shoe stores tell me I need a bigger size when fitting me but if my shoes aren't small enough that I can barely squeeze into them they feel super weird and almost floppy. I just got so used to wearing shoes that were "too small" that shoes that fit right don't feel like they do.

This seems bad to me

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, wgbeethree said:

You had SHOES? Lucky!

On 6/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, wgbeethree said:

I can believe that, I remember every fall growing up the misery of putting shoes, particularly cleats back on after a nice summer of being barefoot or in sandals. 1 month back in shoes though and my feet would adjust back but I absolutely have a “toe line” that matches the toe box of a set of cleats, not a coincidence.

Who goes to a shoe store and has people fit them?

You just pick the first 10-20 dollar pair of shoes at Walmart and wear them until they start to stink and then you get new ones.

If you’re spending more than 20 dollars on shoes, or if you have multiple pairs of shoes at a time, you’re dumb.

If you have any sense of style whatsoever you are dumb.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who goes to a shoe store and has people fit them?

You just pick the first 10-20 dollar pair of shoes at Walmart and wear them until they start to stink and then you get new ones.

If you’re spending more than 20 dollars on shoes, or if you have multiple pairs of shoes at a time, you’re dumb.

If you have any sense of style whatsoever you are dumb.

Except a $200 pair of shoes lasts more than 10x as long as a $20 pair of shoes

9 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

You had SHOES? Lucky!

"Well of course we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoe box in the middle of the night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had to eat half a handful of freezing cold gravel, work 24hours at the mill for fourpence every six years and when we got home our dad would slice us in two with a breadknife."

"And you try and tell the youth of today that, they won't believe you"

• Like 2