The Realest Packers 2022 UDFA Class Thread

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

15 Safeties?

15 UDFA's, the roster was at 75 so they had room to sign 15 UDFA's. The Packers added 3 Safeties today, drafted one in the 7th round and signed 2 UDFA's. 

If you go to the first page of this thread, I have them also listed by position there.   

1 minute ago, R T said:

15 UDFA's, the roster was at 75 so they had room to sign 15 UDFA's. The Packers added 3 Safeties today, drafted one in the 7th round and signed 2 UDFA's. 

If you go to the first page of this thread, I have them also listed by position there.   

Okay. Thanks.

15 safeties seemed like a bit of overkill :)

3 hours ago, R T said:

To balance out the 90-man roster by position based on MLF's years they need to add. 

RB - 2   Tyler Goodson - BJ Baylor

TE - 2

WR - 0   Anthony Turner - Keke Chism

OL - 4   Cole Schneider - Caleb Jones - George Moore

DL - 1   Akial Byers - Hauati Pututau

ED - 1   Chauncey Manac 

LB - 1   Caliph Brice - Ellis Brooks

CB - 2   Raleigh Texada

SA - 2   Tre Sterling - Alex Spillum 

*Some of these that are being reported may only be tryout invites being reported as signings, happens every year. 

Thanks for keeping us organized.

I'm really surprised with 0 TEs being added this weekend. 

• Like 2

From NFL Draft Diamonds via Acme Packing. A long snapper coming in for a tryout:

"Cameron Kaye the LS from Troy is headed to rookie mini camp with the Packers."

Edited by JQ1

That's a little bit more like it with the DB additions.

I just felt earlier we needed to provide our bottom of the roster DB with some competition and was quite surprised we did not draft any especially in the 7th round.

Looking at our UDFA class, man! there's some real bad players. Tre Sterling tape shows zero speed or explosion. How is he even a safety? OT Caleb Jones and DT Akial Byers have some AWFUL testing numbers. Jones is a behemoth but he doesn't move that well, Byers tape shows him getting bullied by OL over and over. He literally doesn't do anything. DT Pututau I think is at least 26 years old.

I really hope we got some viable contributors within that FA group. RB Tyler Goodson, CB Raleigh Texada, S Alex Spillum, RB BJ Baylor are the notable ones with good tape.

On the maybe pile are WRs Keke Chism or Anthony Turner who might show enough to land a PS spot. Guard Cole Schneider has decent size and moves well enough to be considered. EDGE Chauncey Manac has some potential and should keep a close eye on.

Edited by Chili

Is our UDFA streak still intact? I'm having a real hard time finding a way onto the roster for any of these guys. Best chance is Goodson becoming a returner, or Hill not being far along in his recovery so it's just Taylor vs Goodson. Even still, I thought Taylor showed starting traits in Detroit.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is our UDFA streak still intact? I'm having a real hard time finding a way onto the roster for any of these guys. Best chance is Goodson becoming a returner, or Hill not being far along in his recovery so it's just Taylor vs Goodson. Even still, I thought Taylor showed starting traits in Detroit.

Thank you for keeping track of the UDFA for us! I think Goodson is the one guy with a chance. Hill's knee worries me, and I'm not a big Taylor fan. Which of the three (Hill, Taylor, and Goodson) do you think is the best receiver out of the backfield?

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It does look like Goodson is the Lone Ranger when it comes to a chance to crack the opening day roster, but who would have thought that 'trashcan full of dirt' would have been that guy last season. Like you though, I do think Taylor is better than a lot of fans realize.  

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Goodson and Baylor are almost identical players in terms of size, measurements and playing style. The difference is Goodson is younger, he catches passes, is a bit quicker and perhaps looks more natural to the eye. Goodson clearly has the edge right now.

I think the fact we brought in this particular type of back is a sign that Hill's injury was serious enough to require the need to look for a similar type as insurance.

I think Alex Spillum has a shot of getting on the roster as a special team gunner and shallow safety depth chart. He has a lovely closing speed and wrap up style but he need to add muscle to have any chance of getting on the field. I think in his highlight video he actually intercepts Malik Willis in the red zone.