The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

38 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Probably so. Hopefully it's not wasted on Shield Agents and D listers. 

This was my concern exactly when I saw the announcement. Secret Invasion has huge potential. Worried they'll waste it, at least partially.

In general, I'm a little wary of all the focus on Disney+. I liked the Netflix shows in concept, having kind of their niche and corner of the MCU to exist in. This feels like a lot, kind of all over the place, and I don't have the same faith that all of it will be good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This was my concern exactly when I saw the announcement. Secret Invasion has huge potential. Worried they'll waste it, at least partially.

In general, I'm a little wary of all the focus on Disney+. I liked the Netflix shows in concept, having kind of their niche and corner of the MCU to exist in. This feels like a lot, kind of all over the place, and I don't have the same faith that all of it will be good.

Yeah, they've earned the benefit of the doubt but they are may be overdoing things. Too much content and some questionable decisions. 

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It’s a brand new thing, so hard to say.

The one thing though is this is one of the biggest companies and certainly biggest entertainment company in the world totally changing priorities to streaming.

Im wary of it too. But Disney being this IN on it speaks well for the quality.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Why is Secret Invasion getting a series instead of being put in the movies? If it doesn't feature a ton of big characters it's a massive waste. Outside of that it's looking like the MCU is going to overexpose itself. 

They said Fury and Talos would be in it. Didn’t mention anyone else that I can recall. 

3 hours ago, 43M said:

In fairness, 6 of them I don't have a clue about (Ironheart, Armor Wars, Quantumania, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and Secret Invasion).

F4 are just terribly lame characters.

Renner-less Hawkeye and She Hulk are just lame ripoffs of the OCs.   Not saying they cant have unique or interesting stories....just doesn't intrigue me.

Captain Marvel...hard pass.    

Literally, the only things Im looking forward to are XMen, Dr Strange, Deadpool and Spiderman stuff.

Curious, how many FF comics have you read? Which writers? 

Or maybe you just watched the lackluster 90's cartoon and terrible Fox productions? Not gatekeeping BTW. But yeah, if that has been your exposure I can see why you might have that opinion. The franchise wasn't done service by those iterations. But the stories written by Byrne, Lee/Kirby, and Hickman are very good with Sue, Reed, Ben, and Johnny very fleshed out. And then of course there is Franklin. Silver Surfer, Doom, and Galactus also spawned from the book so not surprising the title has stood the test of time. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

I'm excited for pretty much everything announced. And that was on top of the Spiderman news. Early prediction is that either Doom/Kang are going to be the next major big bads. I'm hoping that there are at least refences to Silver Surfer/Galactus. Johnathan Krasinski has to be Reed at this point with all the hype? I'm guessing Emily Blunt will be Sue if he's cast (they're already married for real), but I secretly want Rosemund Pike to have a shot. Not sure for Thing/Johnny.

Also, Christian Bale is going to dominate as Gorr the God Butcher. Thor is about to get his *** kicked. 

I think the new BP will be Nakia. Which would be awesome. Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress. 

She-Hulk is awesome, and the return of Abomination is dope. Mark Ruffalo making an appearance is also a bonus. 

Ms. Marvel yes please. 

Also in that Loki trailer...was that Doom/Kang in the hood? Would they dare introduce them that early? Also, was that a version of the Living Tribunal that Loki was brought before? Perhaps to repent he's turned into a time fixing agent and then encounters Kang??? Ooooooooo....I love time travelers, and this series is the one I'm most excited for. 

Armor Wars is one of the top Iron Man stories ever. Even though it's just Rhodey I think it will still be good. 

This really is going to be a nutty multiverse bonanza. Dr. Strange in The Multiverse of Madness along with Scarlet Witch in that film, her own series, and the most likely Spider-verse scenario happening. Kang also as a time traveler, and the FF family as a group of scientific explorers (negative zone?) 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

ANNOUNCED/SPECULATIVE SCHEDULE:

WandaVision - Jan/Feb 2021

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier - Mar/Apr 2021

Black Widow - May 2021

Loki - May/Jun 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - July 2021

What If? - July/Aug 2021

Ms. Marvel - Sep/Oct 2021

Eternals - Nov 2021

Hawkeye - Nov/Dec 2021

Spider-Man 3 - Dec 2021

She-Hulk - Jan/Feb 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Mar 2022

Moon Knight - Mar/Apr 2022

Thor: Love and Thunder - May 2022

Secret Invasion - May/Jun 2022

Black Panther II - July 2022

What If? Season 2 - Jul/Aug 2022

Ironheart - Sep/Oct 2022

Captain Marvel 2 - Nov 2022

Armor Wars - Nov/Dec 2022

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Dec 2022

Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania - Feb 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 2023

Fantastic Four - July 2023

Blade - Nov 2023

ETA: Between films and D+ series, there are more projects planned for the next three years than there were MCU films from 2008-2019. And that's not even counting eventual D+ series in 2023. You'll be getting MCU content once a month for a while. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think the new BP will be Nakia. Which would be awesome. Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress. 

If they aren't going to recast (All respect to CB, but I think they should have) then either Nakia or Shuri were the only real choices.

She-Hulk is awesome, and the return of Abomination is dope. Mark Ruffalo making an appearance is also a bonus. 

And they dropped a not so subtle hint that she may run into Matt Murdock in the court room.

Ms. Marvel yes please. 

Definitely one of the new characters I am looking forward to most.

Also in that Loki trailer...was that Doom/Kang in the hood?

Saw some speculation that may be Black Widow inside the soul stone, but I think that was just pure speculation

Armor Wars is one of the top Iron Man stories ever. Even though it's just Rhodey I think it will still be good. 

I don't really know the source material, but with how the story is set up in the MCU to date, it makes a LOT more sense this being an issue after Tony is gone more so than him just losing control of all his stuff.  And Cheadle definitely has the chops to carry this.

This really is going to be a nutty multiverse bonanza. Dr. Strange in The Multiverse of Madness along with Scarlet Witch in that film, her own series, and the most likely Spider-verse scenario happening. Kang also as a time traveler, and the FF family as a group of scientific explorers (negative zone?) 

The ONLY way a multi-verse storyline can work is if things get weird as hell, and by the sounds of it, they aren't holding back.  Wandavision and DS: MoM might be my most anticipated part of the next Marvel phase.

ETA: Between films and D+ series, there are more projects planned for the next three years than there were MCU films from 2008-2019. And that's not even counting eventual D+ series in 2023. You'll be getting MCU content once a month for a while. 

All the internet trolls are all talking about "too much", "quantity over quality" and crap like that, but i'm ALL for it.  Will they all be a home run?  Almost certainly not, but there is going to be some damn good content in there as well.  Not even within the MCU was it all great, but their percentage is unbelievably high.  I have no reason to doubt the quality until they prove that they can't deliver.  Some will be a little underwhelming, but there will also be some big surprises in there as well.  And for my money, long form storytelling is almost always going to be better in TV than in movies.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hoping the bring back Justin Hammer (Rockwell) for Armor Wars. Wanted him to come back for awhile. 

This just seems like a no brainer, right?

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The one thing though is this is one of the biggest companies and certainly biggest entertainment company in the world totally changing priorities to streaming.

One thing no one seems to talk about is, we have no idea how long this pandemic is going to hamstring the movie business.  These actors won't stop aging in the meantime, and the time to tell the stories are now.  The MCU will have to be rebooted eventually, but I honestly think they can get another 10-15 years out of it until that becomes a necessity.  To do that, then streaming HAS to be the main driver, because that may be the only real option for the foreseeable future.  I sure hope the vaccines coming out do the trick, but it's not a guarantee.

I’ve thought this for a while but I think Mephisto is about to be the next semi big bad villain.

With WandaVision, Loki, and Dr. Strange (Spider-Man too) all connecting, it wouldn’t surprise me if he plays a role in connecting all of them together. Could also go on and introduce him to set up Ghost Rider down the road, if they choose to go that route.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

If they aren't going to recast (All respect to CB, but I think they should have) then either Nakia or Shuri were the only real choices.

I agree, I think it would have been okay to. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

And they dropped a not so subtle hint that she may run into Matt Murdock in the court room.

I would love to have that DD brought in. 

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Curious, how many FF comics have you read? Which writers? 

Or maybe you just watched the lackluster 90's cartoon and terrible Fox productions? Not gatekeeping BTW. But yeah, if that has been your exposure I can see why you might have that opinion. The franchise wasn't done service by those iterations. But the stories written by Byrne, Lee/Kirby, and Hickman are very good with Sue, Reed, Ben, and Johnny very fleshed out. And then of course there is Franklin. Silver Surfer, Doom, and Galactus also spawned from the book so not surprising the title has stood the test of time. 

Fair enough, but I feel like it wouldve been smart to introduce them in another movie first.  Most people arent comic fans and I dont think they have drawing power without previous exposure to their characters.    Need some slam dunk casting and marketing.