The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

So...Ms. Marvel is basically Captain Marvel right? Is this a sequel to Captain Marvel? Or are they two different characters? 

Two different characters. Ms Marvel is a Pakistani American kid/teen. That’s the extent of my knowledge. Captain Marvel 2 is different but Feige said Ms Marvel would be in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

So...Ms. Marvel is basically Captain Marvel right? Is this a sequel to Captain Marvel? Or are they two different characters? 

Powers are different. She can elongate her limbs, change size. Think like Reed Richards with more oomph. That’s the gist of it. She’s an Inhuman.

Kamala_Khan_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_SpiKamala_Khan_(Earth-616)_from_Ms._Marvel_

She’s an avengers fangirl. Takes on the Ms. Marvel moniker after Carol.

So Ms Marvel the show will be fairly down to earth with how much it focuses on her as a teen in Jersey and her family.

Captain Marvel 2 she’ll be in in some respect. Basically meeting her idol. That movie will also have Monica Rambeau, who was the daughter of her friend in the first movie, but now as an adult. She’s gone by many different names, but she was a Captain Marvel a ways back too. The adult version of her will be in Wandavision as well.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Powers are different. She can elongate her limbs, change size. Think like Reed Richards with more oomph. That’s the gist of it. She’s an Inhuman.

Kamala_Khan_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_SpiKamala_Khan_(Earth-616)_from_Ms._Marvel_

She’s an avengers fangirl. Takes on the Ms. Marvel moniker after Carol.

So Ms Marvel the show will be fairly down to earth with how much it focuses on her as a teen in Jersey and her family.

Captain Marvel 2 she’ll be in in some respect. Basically meeting her idol. That movie will also have Monica Rambeau, who was the daughter of her friend in the first movie, but now as an adult. She’s gone by many different names, but she was a Captain Marvel a ways back too. The adult version of her will be in Wandavision as well.

Gotcha. Carol Danvers used to go by Ms. Marvel at one point didn't she? Or am I crazy?

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Gotcha. Carol Danvers used to go by Ms. Marvel at one point didn't she? Or am I crazy?

Yep she did, didn't change until 2012. They had her just go by Captain Marvel for a couple reasons.

Biggest being the name Captain Marvel was a big legal fight, because Shazam over with DC historically was Captain Marvel first.
But he belonged to a 3rd comic company back in the day, and funnily enough DC shut the character down for being too close to superman. So Marvel Comics took the name up when that company closed and created Mar-Vell who was Captain Marvel for awhile. Ms. Marvel (Carol) was a spinoff akin to Batgirl to him actually. But went on to be way more popular, getting her own series and an being an Avenger on her own for awhile.

Mar-Vell died in the 80s, and Monica Rambeau became Captain Marvel and and Avenger until she changed her name. Then Mar-Vell's son took it over til he died.
It's a mantle that's passed to a lot of people. Carol didn't get it until 2012 when they relaunched the character, which was a year after DC finally dropped Captain Marvel as the name of Shazam (the comics were titled Shazam but the character actually wasn't). I think the change was to just finally solidify Marvel Comics' ownership of the name, but was also part of desexualizing Carol. That's when they changed her costume to be more in like with everyone else.

Captain-Marvel-1-2019-Alex-Ross.png

First Ms Marvel Look      //      2012 Redesign       //      Iconic Ms. Marvel Look 
Bottom: her time as Binary, which inspired her being in Space for long periods of time. This was after Rogue took her powers)

That first Captain Marvel book was a success and a couple years later Kamala Khan was created, who took up the then abandoned Ms. Marvel moniker after her idol.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So I’m so late to the MCU party but after seeing my two boys go Marvel mad over the last six months and casually watching bits with them (they are still very young so won’t sit through a while marvel yet) I decided to watch the avengers films. Obviously they were amazing and that’s led me to watch all of the films starting from Iron Man via the Disney+ sub. 

Without doubt my favourite movie franchise already and that’s saying something as I thought through nostalgia that the likes of Harry Potter and LOR couldn’t be beat.  

• Like 1

How Long Are Marvel's Disney+ Shows?

“Well, we're looking a little differently. We're looking at it as developing them as either six hour-episodes, or nine or 10 half-hour episodes,” said Feige. “So, for instance, WandaVision started that way and Falcon and the Winter Soldier as 30 minutes, but because it's streaming, it's Disney+, and the rules have blurred over the years, yes. Some can be 23 minutes. Some can be much longer than that. But She-Hulk, for instance, is being developed as 10 30-minute episodes. Some will be longer and some will be shorter. Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is being developed as six 40-50-minute episodes.”

He also added that the upcoming Moon Knight will fall into the six, 40-50 minute episode category. Obviously, this doesn’t encompass all the shows Disney+ has lined up (no word yet on episode length for Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, and What If…? for example)...

Source

Also a potential She-Hulk spoiler below.