The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Two guys with electro-something or others beating down on him, he throws them off like nothing.  Throws the Shield and it looks like it rips through the White House.  

There was also a little snippet of a clock winding down and I thought there was an element in it, almost like it was a new and improved delivery system for the super serum.

I can be waaay off on this, because the trailer went so fast during Deadpool 3, but our take aways from the clip were this....  maybe we will see it, and when did Falcon get super soldier powers?

The White House was just an editing thing, given other contextual things that’s probably Red Hulk going through the White House after Sidewinder (Giancarlo) shoots him with a rocket or some sorta mix of that.

Sam could definitely get some serum at some point though, I think it makes for an interesting dynamic with him not having it. Especially the ties to the super soldier serum we saw Thunderbolt Ross have back to the Incredible Hulk film. Which clearly he escalated to just doing it himself.

Saw the leaked trailer for Daredevil Born Again from D23. Might still be able to on Twitter just by searching for it. It looks epic. The entire cast is coming back. Glad the developers went back to the lab before going full steam ahead. BTW don't know why Kamala Khan's dad has a role in the show, but I'm 100% behind it. 👏👏👏

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Saw the leaked trailer for Daredevil Born Again from D23. Might still be able to on Twitter just by searching for it. It looks epic. The entire cast is coming back. Glad the developers went back to the lab before going full steam ahead. BTW don't know why Kamala Khan's dad has a role in the show, but I'm 100% behind it. 👏👏👏

Trailer looked good, got a glimpse at a lot of stuff.

Leaked Cap4 stuff looks solid, first full look at Red Hulk

Leaked Ironheart trailer was fine…somewhat underwhelming, think they’ll need to play up the supernatural stuff that’s happening in it more to grab people.

Agatha second trailer was a good story overview, not sure it’ll sway anyone not already looking forward to it by I am.

• Like 1

I was always under the impression that the new vibranium setup for Sam Wilson's Cap gave him some enhanced fighting and strength capabilities. It's augmenting his actions, but not him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I was always under the impression that the new vibranium setup for Sam Wilson's Cap gave him some enhanced fighting and strength capabilities. It's augmenting his actions, but not him.

Yeah, I think that's what they're going for. 

On 8/10/2024 at 1:19 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I saw the leaked footage and was impressed. It looked pretty on-par tonally with the Netflix series. Apparently Feige had it reshot to more closely match the original show. Good for him.

Oh, and I marked out when they showed Bernthal’s Punisher as did the crowd.

• Like 1

The Marvel animation announcements at D23 seemed pretty dope. I'm looking forward to the upcoming slate.

Eyes of Wakanda sounds interesting. Did not think we'd get an Iron Fist appearance anytime again soon. Interested to see the animation since I heard it was really unique. 

Sucks that What If??? is coming to an end with season 3. But I guess since they decided to connect the stories it immediately gave the show a definitive shelf like any other show.

One of the idea I heard for Marvel Zombies sounded good, which was Shang Chi in a futuristic Mad Max situation with the 10 rings on his arm holding off a zombie infection from spreading. 

Sadly I'm not really interested in the Spider-Man high school series. But maybe I'll change my mind.

X-Men '97 hopefully continues to be a delightful experience.  

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Having Ultron gives the show my attention. Hopefully they can do him right this time.

A Vision series had my curiosity, but now it has my attention.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

Having Ultron gives the show my attention. Hopefully they can do him right this time.

Nah, Ultron was awesome in Age of Ultron. By far the most underappreciated MCU movie imo. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 6:06 PM, thrILL! said:

Nah, Ultron was awesome in Age of Ultron. By far the most underappreciated MCU movie imo. 

He worked on a lot of different levels for me.

On screen.  Theory.  Theory gone bad.  Tony Stark/Iron Man = Dad  Ultron=Son.  Vision=Upgrade.  I thought he was well done.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:38 PM, Acgott said:

I don't think bringing the clown back to lose to Vision is going to do any him favors.

Marvel going all "almost everything we've made since End Game sucked, so lets bring back a bunch of people from End Game and earlier" is I guess fine in the short term, but I don't want to watch rehashes. And even a successful rehash doesn't give long term success, as we saw with Disney's other gigantic property in Star Wars. The Force Awakens being liked because it was pretty much just A New Hope with a mix of new and old characters didn't save us from Last Jedi and Rise sucking because they were incapable of writing a competent new story.

Hopefully they take the time that these rehashes will likely buy them to work on their creative team.

• Like 2