The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

Captain America: The First Avenger - Still holds up, highly enjoyable.
Captain Marvel - Top half MCU.
Iron Man - Still holds up, highly enjoyable.
Iron Man 2 - Better than I remember it being.
The Incredible Hulk - Had to suffer through this one. 
Thor - Not bad. 

The Avengers is next.  I'm anxious to get to Avengers: Age of Ultron.  I've only seen it once and there's probably a lot I've forgotten about it.  It's so weird that it takes place chronologically AFTER Guardians and Guardians 2. 

On 3/27/2019 at 8:32 PM, skywindO2 said:

I'm not sure if having one of the most prolific method actors of our time playing someone called 'the living bomb' is a good idea.

Just wanted to point out that i appreciated this comment.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 1:45 AM, The Gnat said:

I don't see them doing a Black Widow origin story, they have kind of moved to the point where origin stories at this point aren't fulling happening with Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man not really being origin stories. And I feel like they've set-up enough of her backstory already. I can see them tying it into her origin, like some villain in Russia or somewhere is trying to recreate the program that she came out of, but it won't be pure origin. 

I do agree though that I'm not very excited for it. I think that a Black Widow film, at this point, needs to have some more star power to go along with it. Hawkeye would be the obvious choice and make it more of a spy/heist sort of film than the traditional superhero film. That is what I would lean towards if I were making the film. Keep is grounded, or maybe even use it to launch some sort of secret avengers team and introduce a more covert group and side of things.

fight sequences in the style of Jason Bourne would be cool. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, rob_shadows said:

Now if Disney was to throw him a blank check to play Wolverine on the other hand....

Is he too old for the role? I mean, if you're thinking Daniel Day Lewis, you might as well give that check to Hugh Jackman. (61 vs 50). No need to overthink it at that point, go with the guy who defined Wolverine on the big screen.

If the Venom/Spiderman universe is halted, then Tom Hardy makes a ton of sense as the next Wolverine. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

fight sequences in the style of Jason Bourne would be cool. 

Here is 1/4 of a knuckle hitting 1/128 of a face. No thank you. Now the style of hand to hand combat, sure, but not the shaky cam super close up of the Bourne movies.