The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

A couple of responses recently remind me why a large contingent of Hollywood sticks to what's familiar instead of taking chances, despite the complaints from the peanut gallery of rehashing the same properties. :)

I'm guessing I'm one of those responses. I just don't relate to some characters and that's ok since I'm probably not the target audience. I'll give them a shot. But, with what I've seen so far, I'm just not interested in a large portion of it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Was trying to think of names. Jon Hamm? Adam Driver?

Adam Driver would be amazing, he's just a great actor

Fassbender to me would've been the perfect fit had he not been Magneto. There are a lot of great choices off the board do to having already been in a role or probably too old.

You need a Doom around the same age as Reed, not sure exactly the plan there but late 30s-Early 40s is a good range regardless.

Spoiler

I'm not positive Krasinski is main MCU Reed going forward, but we shall see. But he's close to the right age.

Aside from Driver, other popular names I've heard thrown around + ones I could see.

• Dan Stevens, had a great show with Legion...but far enough removed to take this on. Bonus Noah Hawley who made a Doom pitch was the creator on Legion.
  • Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, been the fancasting choice for awhile... especially after Mads got the role in Doctor Strange. Did a great job as a morally grey guy in GOT, but not really a 1to1 there. He could do it, but being a little older and expected makes me think they wouldn't
  • Jon Hamm, also gets cast a lot. Also a bit old for it at this point. He could do it but maybe have him take on a Mister Sinister or other role.
  • Cillian Murphy, he fits...but idk wouldn't be my first choice. I actually think he'd be a good Reed.
  • Jamie Dornan, reclaiming some art thread post 50 shades in Belfast last year. Seen this more the last few months.
  • Henry Cavill, a lot of smoke for him joining the MCU. Doom is one name he hasn't been linked to. Hercules or Captain Britain have been the main ones.
  • Domhnall Gleeson, someone who probably should be thought of more...especially if we get a Doom film/show and they are going to let us go on his complex journey as a main character who works on his own and often against the interests of the rest of the MCU leads. Seems like the person they like to add.
  • Toby Kebbell, have him get another crack at it after Fan4stic. Good actor, bad movie and writing for him. I think he'll get a role are some point, but maybe easier if it isn't Doom.
  • Dacre Montgomery, youngest guy here but certainly could bring the sides of Doom. Underrated depth to his role as Billy on Stranger Things. I think he's another guy that will be in the MCU soonish, but I don't think it will be for this role.
  • Michael Shannon, already had a great villain performance as Zod for DC. But would kill it. Little older and done similar stuff, maybe have him as Ben Grimm?
  • Bill Hader, they wouldn't do this. But god he's been so good in Barry. I hope more people give him serious or villianous roles. If you really want to let him play with all his cards he could do Mister Sinister well whenever they explore that with the mutants.
  • Pedro Pascal, from Chile but could pass for more Romani I suppose. Love him, don't need him as Doom. But he comes ready for whatever role. Could play Sinister well too now that I think of it.
  • Josh StewartMatthias Schoenaerts  - Solid actors that look very European category

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:
  • Dan Stevens, had a great show with Legion...but far enough removed to take this on. Bonus Noah Hawley who made a Doom pitch was the creator

Ooooh nice.

Would be my pick too. Has a piercing look. Can play all levels you wanna have Doom play, especially if they let him be a star and not the B&W villain he got painted as the last couple of times.

39 is a great age to start at, solid size and frame. Does good work but yet to really have a major franchise role that would make him too recognizable. Clearly ok with committing to what needs to be done for a role, (Beast in the live action Beauty & the Beast), so we should get at least some more time with him wearing the mask. Cause I’d want them to go practical with that, don’t want another magic disappearing mask that marvel gives everyone….make it feel heavy, it’s a choice.)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:09 AM, kingseanjohn said:

I'm guessing I'm one of those responses. I just don't relate to some characters and that's ok since I'm probably not the target audience. I'll give them a shot. But, with what I've seen so far, I'm just not interested in a large portion of it.

Same, but it's a new landscape now.. we are a lot older and have so many more options than we did when MCU was at it's peak. There was also a much larger level of excitement because we had either never seen those characters on the big screen, or when we did it was garbage. Expectations are much higher now

41 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The Avengers came out over 10 years ago now.  ****.  A decade.

My wife and I's first date 10 years ago was seeing the Avengers. We still try to make date nights out of seeing the Marvel movies we are excited about in theaters. This hasn't crept up on me like it has on others for that reason, but yeah, that's a long time ago already.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Thunderbolts are officially coming

I am guessing the line up will be;

Zemo
Yelena
Walker
Abomination
White Vision
Ghost

There are some left field picks they could include. Kinda hoping Martin Freeman's Agent Ross is involved in the project. 

• Like 3

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast