The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

On 6/7/2020 at 4:55 PM, StLunatic88 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2976c5c1c1bcfe07ca1d
“Do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning?”

you mean to tell me that movie still holds up?

Seems like you are looking at it through some nostalgia goggles here. It’s fun, it was cool to see comics get to the big screen (although Blade already did it) but it is not great movie, it’s barely a good movie. So “decent at best” is probably the right way to describe it. 

And no, the Deadpool’s don’t count. They have a completely different set of X-men than either of the ones you are referring to. Which is just another point against combining the Fox universe with the MCU. If Figie didn’t have a hand in it, it’s unlikely to ever be considered part of the MCU. 

I agree with most of what youre saying, but the original XMen was still good.    The toad thing was terrible dialogue, but for essentially a 90s superhero movie, it wasnt nearly as cheesy as it could have been. 

It was a great movie FOR ITS TIME, and while I still enjoy it, I will say it hasn't held up as well as X2 has.  

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

And THATS the point, X2 stands the test of time. 

Yeah, but I think XMen 1 largely has too.  

Anyway, one thing I will say is, I hate Anna Paquin as Rogue.   She is a mediocre actress with zero charisma.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 9:36 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, but I think XMen 1 largely has too.  

Anyway, one thing I will say is, I hate Anna Paquin as Rogue.   She is a mediocre actress with zero charisma.

Yeah, she definitely was a disappointing casting. Especially after growing up with the X-Men animated series version.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah, she definitely was a disappointing casting. Especially after growing up with the X-Men animated series version.

It wasnt just the casting though, the entire characterization for Rogue was flat wrong from the get. 

I am really hoping she is the main villain in the next Captain Marvel flick. 

Las 'travesuras' de Rogue en el destino de Captain Marvel

The only reason Rogue is a hero and not a villain is because she absorbed too much of Carol and she became like Carol not just in power set but in mindset as well. 

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The only reason Rogue is a hero and not a villain is because she absorbed too much of Carol and she became like Carol not just in power set but in mindset as well. 

That’s a tad hyperbolic. It’s not the only reason.  She was a villain bcuz she was being manipulated by Mystique. 

Edited by thrILL!

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It wasnt just the casting though, the entire characterization for Rogue was flat wrong from the get. 

I am really hoping she is the main villain in the next Captain Marvel flick. 

Las 'travesuras' de Rogue en el destino de Captain Marvel

I dunno...you think they'd basically get rid of her (Carol) after only two movies? 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

How would you see that storyline going? 

Same as the comics more or less. She loses her powers and MAYBE some memories (I would say leave that out of the flicks unless proff X is already MCU established by this point). Have flick #2 end with her losing her powers and have her retreat to whatever base Fury is at and have her skrull buds tell her its permanent. In the after credits, have someone kidnap her, it doesnt have to be the Brood like in the comics. IDK if anyone has ever played Mass Effect 2, but Im picturing the start of the 3rd movie be similar to the opening to that game. Carol wakes up in some lab confused with someone helping her and her powers are back and better than ever, creating Binary. Maybe Monica Rambeau is one of the people helping her escape and at the end of the flick the title of Captain Marvel gets bequeathed to her. Could be Doctor Minerva who was part of the team experimenting on her but realized she needed Carol for something else and decided to help her escape. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Same as the comics more or less. She loses her powers and MAYBE some memories (I would say leave that out of the flicks unless proff X is already MCU established by this point). Have flick #2 end with her losing her powers and have her retreat to whatever base Fury is at and have her skrull buds tell her its permanent. In the after credits, have someone kidnap her, it doesnt have to be the Brood like in the comics. IDK if anyone has ever played Mass Effect 2, but Im picturing the start of the 3rd movie be similar to the opening to that game. Carol wakes up in some lab confused with someone helping her and her powers are back and better than ever, creating Binary. Maybe Monica Rambeau is one of the people helping her escape and at the end of the flick the title of Captain Marvel gets bequeathed to her. Could be Doctor Minerva who was part of the team experimenting on her but realized she needed Carol for something else and decided to help her escape. 

That would be a bold move, and in my opinion, the only kind of move to make.  They've pretty much established her as only being able to be defeated by someone with infinity stones, she was handling Thanos in Endgame until he blasted her with the power stone, and this was after single handedly destroying his bigass starship that just leveled Avengers compound.  They need to tone down her powers in a big way the same way they did to Hulk and Thor, or all her future movies are going to suck.

49 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That would be a bold move, and in my opinion, the only kind of move to make.  They've pretty much established her as only being able to be defeated by someone with infinity stones, she was handling Thanos in Endgame until he blasted her with the power stone, and this was after single handedly destroying his bigass starship that just leveled Avengers compound.  They need to tone down her powers in a big way the same way they did to Hulk and Thor, or all her future movies are going to suck.

Agreed, which is why I think a power stealing villain would be best for movie two. It would also be the correct Rogue introduction and give her a Bucky like redemption arc. I have a feeling they are going to slow burn introduce Xmen over the course of a few films before they get their own 'team-up'. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Agreed, which is why I think a power stealing villain would be best for movie two. It would also be the correct Rogue introduction and give her a Bucky like redemption arc. I have a feeling they are going to slow burn introduce Xmen over the course of a few films before they get their own 'team-up'. 

Marvel wouldn't do it because 1) MCU movies aren't that dark and 2) Jessica Jones kind of dived into it but I think it'd be more interesting for a body/mind manipulator to be the villain than a power stealer. Way more traumatic and a much more powerful arc.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast