> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

If we have to draft a guy at 10, I would hope for Ade (it's too early for him, but his ceiling is pretty damn high), Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Addison, Smith-Njigba, or Skoronski at RG since it's theoretically a very plug and play move.

Glad to see you are an Ade fan as well. Would love him at 30. I agree on the ceiling. Obviously still has quite a bit of developing to get there.

Where would we play Gonzalez to start his career like is he just gonna sit and learn from the vets and be injury insurance? I mean I doubt both our older corners make it through a whole season healthy again, but I would like the 10th overall pick to play right away.

Witherspoon who I love and still think I’m on board at 10 makes a little more sense I think. He has more of that dawg mentality that Nick looks for and he has inside versatility where we could move Maddox to safety or even just put Witherspoon there with the way he reads route concepts, clicks and closes fast and hits with the intensity of someone 30 LBs heavier. Then whenever we move on from one of the older corners in a year or two he can move back to corner.

Skoronski would be a solid pick. I’m not sure if he would move off of guard to tackle in the future, cause his ceiling is like highest inside, but having him does improve the depth and give us someone we can bounce outside if we do have an injury and Lane has missed at least some time basically every season. It wouldn’t be the sexiest pick but I could get on board.

Not really a fan of a wide receiver at 10. I definitely want to upgrade on Quez, but this draft is littered with slot receivers. Think we can get someone for that like in the 3rd round.

I do agree with trade down being the ideal though.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Where would we play Gonzalez to start his career like is he just gonna sit and learn from the vets and be injury insurance?

That seems to be Howies thing, so yes. I wouldn't love it, but I would at least feel like we drafted the best CB prospect Philly has had since Lito Sheppard, and I'm fully expecting Slay to go downhill this season.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

It was just a dumb statement by you.

I guess Nick Chubb would look no different in this offense compared to Kenny Gainwell.

What does Gainwell have to do with Charbonnet, Spears, or Abanikanda compared to Bijan? That was just a dumb retort by you.

What does Gainwell have to do with Charbonnet, Spears, or Abanikanda compared to Bijan? That was just a dumb retort by you.

Bijan is a way better player than them just like Chubb one of the top 3 or so RBs in the league is much better than our current lead back.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

By what metric is Bijan way better than the other 3? 

You think I’m subscribed to PFF or Sports Info Solutions expensive *** packages to tell you that? Lol

Are we not using the film to determine this? Bijan is the total package minus elite top end speed.

I like Charbonnet and Spears (killed my Trojans), but they aren’t close to the prospect he is.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Solak just mocked him to us the other day. 

Corner would’ve been an easy pick to get on board with had we not brought back Bradberry.

It's still easy to get on board with. 

Do you believe in BPA? Take the CB or Addison or JSN. WR all but guaranteed not to happen, but who knows.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You think I’m subscribed to PFF or Sports Info Solutions expensive *** packages to tell you that? Lol

Are we not using the film to determine this? Bijan is the total package minus elite top end speed.

Isn't Gibbs the total package minus elite size?
I don't think Abanikanda or Charbonnet have bad hands either. Throw them a screen, they will probably catch it.

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Gainwell is going to get touches even if we take Bijan at 10. No RB is touching 2000 yfs in Philly. Our QB steals too many carries and our coach likes rotations.

Miles got fairly close to 1500 and that was Miles who routinely leaves a chunk here or  there off with a bad decision and basically doesn’t factor into the passing game anymore.

You add being on the field for 3 downs, slot time / catching the ball more… he very well could. Will he hit it every year? Probably not. But even 1800 is a helluva piece of your offense.

Do they like rotations or is it more a product of the situation? I think the front office always wants a stable of backs, but that’s better when it’s a luxury not a necessity. Very least from a gameplan perspective being able to run the vast majority of your offense with the same personnel.

Im not a take him at 10 person, little silly. But a trade back or end of the round guy sure. Window is open now for a Super Bowl, anyone who could vastly improve a position is worth being open to.

It's still easy to get on board with. 

Do you believe in BPA? Take the CB or Addison or JSN. WR all but guaranteed not to happen, but who knows.

I’d rather have Nolan Smith than the wide receivers, but I know you aren’t on board.

If I had to go one of the receivers at 10 then give me JSN.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Miles got fairly close to 1500

Exactly. Miles kicked butt this past season...and got 1500. It's not like Sanders left a lot of yards on the table that a Bijan or someone else would have got. And Miles deserved MORE carries, but our staff was like "Nah, we rotate round here. Get in there Gainwell!".

Edited by Jeezla

Isn't Gibbs the total package minus elite size?
I don't think Abanikanda or Charbonnet have bad hands either. Throw them a screen, they will probably catch it.

Gibbs isn’t really a good compliment to Gainwell to me like Charbonnet or Robinson would be. It’s also great Gibbs is a fantastic receiving back but we don’t really throw to our backs too often. Hurts legs end up being the check down more than RB does.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Exactly. Miles kicked butt this past season...and got 1500. It's not like Sanders left a lot of yards on the table that a Bijan or someone else would have got.

there was still plenty there watching him all season. He definitely improved but was still an issue. And the additional metric for Bijan is actual slot reps, not just being on the field on 3rd down (which miles saw less and less over his time here).