> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah Bijan is a good prospect but I think he gets overrated because this draft isn't anything special at the top.

Nah. Bijan was being talked about this way going back to before he was even in his last season.

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What we've basically watered "generational talent" down to is "the #1 RB or QB or CB or WR or DE this year is a little better than the #1 RB or QB or CB or WR or DE last year".

I mean if you consider him one of the 3 greatest RB prospects in the past 10-15 years which a lot do then yeah that probably can qualify as generational. It is an overused term though. I don’t think Will Anderson is generational and I’m sure that’s probably been thrown around. I remember some were calling Hutchinson that last year.

16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

There was like 5 RBs taken after Fournette in 2017 that proved to be not only better players but far better picks. Is this “generational talent” different than the others this time? 

Nobody considered Fournette generational and if they did they are an idiot. I was laughing at how someone could take a straight line RB like him in the top 5.

The RBs I think that have got the generational tag probably would’ve been Saquon Barkley, Adrian Peterson, and Reggie Bush.

Maybe Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley too?

But, yeah even with those ones I listed Saquon has been a disappointment cause of injuries… Reggie Bush was a solid back but never the generational playmaker people saw at the college level. Todd Gurley shined bright for a while but his body breaking down caused him to go downhill fast. Zeke has slowed down due to massive workloads in college and then with Dallas, but he was great for a while so he probably comes after AP who obviously had a HOF career. 

It’s not a guarantee, but I think he’ll be closer to an Adrian Peterson career than burning out early due to health or workload. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nobody considered Fournette generational and if they did they are an idiot. I was laughing at how someone could take a straight line RB like him in the top 5.

The RBs I think that have got the generational tag probably would’ve been Saquon Barkley, Adrian Peterson, and Reggie Bush.

Maybe Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley too?

I tend to agree but I could pull up articles arguing that he was. His combination of size, speed and power was blue chip-ish. I mean, someone took him 4th overall. There are circles that believed he was a perennial top back for years and years. 

Regardless of the arbitrary tag, which was some of the point of the post given it’s nature , if you take a RB top 5, you’re telling the world you think he’s special. And it just happened that he was probably the worst RB taken, when you take in the cost to get him. Take the cost out and he’s like 6th or 7th even. That’s insane. But it was a great RB draft. It just goes to show you, that even if you’re a “generational talent” or even considered “special”, it doesn’t matter until you do something in the NFL. In reality, they may be really good or great RBs in a difficult setting. The Jags drafting Fournette didn’t do any favors for him. Barkley either. Neither have performed “generationally”. But if they slid down the draft a bit to more successful teams that have their roster( or most of it, especially OL) together then they may become more of what they were forecasted so confidentially. This is why, for this year I can see how someone can make a case for Bijan. We’re in a particularly unique situation coming off of a SB and having two 1sts. Still think it’s poor value unless he ends up being a 2000 yard all purpose back, stays healthy and doesn’t want a lot of money on his 2nd contract. Which is impossible. Trade out of the 10, there’s rumors of the Bucs looking to get down, pick up extra stock and then draft him. It would be much easier to swallow. 

• Like 1

For those interested, the prospects attending the draft this year. Nothing to note, I don’t think. All pretty much what’s expected. 

Here's the full list of attendees:

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

But, yeah even with those ones I listed Saquon has been a disappointment cause of injuries… Reggie Bush was a solid back but never the generational playmaker people saw at the college level. Todd Gurley shined bright for a while but his body breaking down caused him to go downhill fast. Zeke has slowed down due to massive workloads in college and then with Dallas, but he was great for a while so he probably comes after AP who obviously had a HOF career. 

It’s not a guarantee, but I think he’ll be closer to an Adrian Peterson career than burning out early due to health or workload. 

Bush just relied on being the fastest guy on the field which didn't translate to the nfl when everyone is fast and takes better angles on defense. Also why he fell off a cliff when his speed lessened. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Predictive trade

Atlanta gets

10, 96, 2024 5th

Eagles get

8 and 113

1455398147.0.jpg

Would be fine with it but feel like if he makes it to #8 and Atlanta isn’t taking him, he’ll probably be there at #10. Think Chicago is going offense no matter what.

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Tyree Wilson at 10 would be a pretty good pick.

Wilson at 5 over Jalen Carter is insanity.

I think it happens. 

1) Seattle's need for Edge > their need for DT

2) Seattle loves these high upside picks and their board is always wonky compared to consensus 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would be fine with it but feel like if he makes it to #8 and Atlanta isn’t taking him, he’ll probably be there at #10. Think Chicago is going offense no matter what.

Chicago could take him they still need a lot. But OL is their best bet.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <