> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

48 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Fact.  He is a generational talent.

Fact.  Except maybe Gibbs, no one else in this class would have the same success in our scheme.

As arbitrary as “generational talent” is, if that’s what you want to call him that’s fine. A generation is a long damn time. I’ve seen, more often than not, “generational talents” flop. But if you want to call him generational, as arbitrary as it is, that’s fine. 

One post says that suggesting another RB can have the same amount of success in this offense is “laughable” then the next post you say “…..maybe Gibbs.” You just undid your own so-called fact. 

I see a lot of good RB prospects that can be very successful in this offense. Bijan is not the end all, be all. He IS the best prospect but saying other posters takes are “laughable” or “beyond hilarious” is brash and nonsensical. There was like 5 RBs taken after Fournette in 2017 that proved to be not only better players but far better picks. Is this “generational talent” different than the others this time? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Looking at later guys in the draft, the more I see and read, Matt Landers, WR, Arkansasa would be a guy to take a shot in if he makes it to the 7th round.  Ran a 4.37 at the combine at 6'5".

Does have some drop issues, but that can be cleaned up, and for such a big guy, seems to find holes in the defense and knows where to sit down.  And he can take the top off.

Probably the type of guy we should look at if he can block. Way more of a role for a guy if he can do that too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Calling Bijan a generational talent is laughable. Etienne was a better prospect and he came out 2 years ago. Just how long is a "generation" these days?

That term gets thrown around way too often in here. Some one called Reddick a generational pass rusher on our GDT. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That term gets thrown around way too often in here. Some one called Reddick a generational pass rusher on our GDT. 

Yea, saying generational should mean "The best I've seen in nearly 10 or more years", and Bijan ain't even the best RB I've seen in the last 2 years. If Bijan, Jonathan Taylor, and Etienne are in the same draft, Bijan is RB3.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

By definition it should be one of the best in our lifetime. 

10 years is enough for a new "generation of fans" to start watching, imo. 10 years from now, there will be a lot of new 14-20 year old fans that just weren't old enough to understand or care about the NFL today, but have now been "scouting" for 4 or 5 years and have their own opinions on "best they've ever seen".

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Tommy Lawlor has a nice writeup on some safeties on his site. Some intriguing names.

Some solid guys day two, plus there’s a chance a guy like Budda Baker is available. Ever since PFN put player trades in I’ve done some where Eagles trade down to bring the total of 50-100 picks to 5 and move one for Budda.

Just to see what it looks like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What we've basically watered "generational talent" down to is "the #1 RB or QB or CB or WR or DE this year is a little better than the #1 RB or QB or CB or WR or DE last year".

Yeah Bijan is a good prospect but I think he gets overrated because this draft isn't anything special at the top.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

How many blue chip guys are in this draft? Is it just Anderson after carters issues?

You could argue Stroud and Witherspoon are blue chip, and Bryce is a blue chip skill-set in a penny stock body. Paris Johnson is pretty close to blue chip. #1 ranked OT out of HS, good athlete, crazy long arms.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Danger said:
17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Fact.  He is a generational talent.

Is he? He doesn't come close to SaQuon or Adrian Peterson if that's the bar we're setting.

I didn’t study AP coming out of Oklahoma, but I like Bijan more than I liked Saquon. I always thought Barkley was an amazing athlete, but a little overrated as a runner. He had a big tendency to always bounce stuff instead of staying more disciplined. Didn’t always give me as much power as I would want either for a guy his size. Bijan is better as a pass protector and receiver than Saquon was as well. I liked Zeke more coming out than Saquon even though his pure ceiling was higher based on the athleticism. 

• Like 1

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <