> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Calling someone poorly informed or a a casual or whatever because their opinion is different then yours will never not be funny to me. Especially considering some of the thoughts that were thrown around here when we drafted a failed punt returner in the first round.

Any who - Bijan is far from the worst thing that could happen at 10; I don't expect Howie to take him at 10 let alone in the first round but I absolutely would be on board if he did. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I really like GIbbs if we move down to the early second round. 

This would be the ideal RB scenario for me. 

That 30 pick is going to be valuable for those teams trying to get that 5th year option for rookie deals. If we could trade down, pick up some value and get Gibbs, I’d be cool with that. Someone’s got to fall at 10 though. I don’t necessarily see it. But Howie can jump on a guy that gets pushed to 10 or he can trade down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Calling someone poorly informed or a a casual or whatever because their opinion is different then yours will never not be funny to me. Especially considering some of the thoughts that were thrown around here when we drafted a failed punt returner in the first round.

Any who - Bijan is far from the worst thing that could happen at 10; I don't expect Howie to take him at 10 let alone in the first round but I absolutely would be on board if he did. 

This sounds like something a casual would say

• Like 2

I don't think Bijan in this offense is guaranteed to be better than Charbonnet or Spears or Abanikanda or Gibbs in this offense. 

Would have been nice to see DeWayne McBride test/do drills.

Edited by Jeezla

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think Bijan in this offense is guaranteed to be better than Charbonnet or Spears or Abanikanda or Gibbs in this offense. 

Would have been nice to see DeWayne McBride test/do drills.

With Bijan I think the most obvious separating factors is what he does in the pass game catching the ball. Not just outlet passes, but actually being able to line him up out wide/in the slot. Blocks notably well too.

There are a handful of guys who would be able to reach Miles’ marks, but that extra bit is what puts him in the possible 2k YFS each year type of guy.

You look at best case with him, Jalen and him tag team for an absolutely brutal RPO game which everyone else benefits from.

at least that’s where I see his separation from the day 2 guys.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

With Bijan I think the most obvious separating factors is what he does in the pass game catching the ball. Not just outlet passes, but actually being able to line him up out wide/in the slot. Blocks notably well too.

There are a handful of guys who would be able to reach Miles’ marks, but that extra bit is what puts him in the possible 2k YFS each year type of guy.

You look at best case with him, Jalen and him tag team for an absolutely brutal RPO game which everyone else benefits from.

at least that’s where I see his separation from the day 2 guys.

Gainwell is going to get touches even if we take Bijan at 10. No RB is touching 2000 yfs in Philly. Our QB steals too many carries and our coach likes rotations.

Edited by Jeezla

1-10 traded to HOU for 1-12 + 3-73
1-12 traded to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49
1-30 traded to AZ for 2-34 + 4-105

1-17 Kool Adebawore EDGE
2-34 Keeanu Benton DT
2-49 Dalton Kincaid TE
2-62 Charbonnet/Spears/Abanikanda RB
3-73 Marvin Mims WR
3-94 Ricky Stromberg OG/C
4-105 Daniel Scott S

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Hell yeah!

I don't expect it either but I'm also on board with it. I'd hope for a trade up from 30 to snag him. Take bpa at 10 or trade down and gain some assets plus bpa

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Too easy. Choose a top 3 for who you want at 10 assuming Jalen Carter is off the board. Who would you realistically want there?

If we have to draft a guy at 10, I would hope for Ade (it's too early for him, but his ceiling is pretty damn high), Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Addison, Smith-Njigba, or Skoronski at RG since it's theoretically a very plug and play move.

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hell yeah!

I don't expect it either but I'm also on board with it. I'd hope for a trade up from 30 to snag him. Take bpa at 10 or trade down and gain some assets plus bpa

Trading ahead of the Cowboys for him when their fans think they are about to Pam’s him would be the dream, especially after a trade down from 10 which would net us more value than whatever we have to give up moving up in the late first.