> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I feel like Howie is only gonna trade down so far from 10.

Think its Jalen Carter at 10, if hes gone, He's gonna be willing to trade probably max 18th pick and then select Bijan Unless If its anything 19 on - Howie gets a 1st rounder next year and hopes of getting Bijan or settling for Smith / Van Ness / Kancey / Breesee / Torrence

I also Feel like if we get Carter at 10 , Howie could look to trade up from 30 to lower 20's and still snag Bijan

Jalen Carter and Bijan out of this draft would be an automatic homerun, especially if only giving up next years 2nd rounder to move up from 30. Top Offensive / Defensive Player of this draft both coming to philly with an already stacked roster. Sign me up. 

I'd be losing my mind in a good way if we got both Carter and Bijan. Howie would need a statue every 100 yards throughout Philly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd be losing my mind in a good way if we got both Carter and Bijan. Howie would need a statue every 100 yards throughout Philly

I'd be losing my mind in a bad way if we took both of them. Howie wouldn't be able to walk 100 yards in Philly without being relentlessly booed.

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd be losing my mind in a bad way if we took both of them. Howie wouldn't be able to walk 100 yards in Philly without being relentlessly booed.

You have that right to that opinion. From what I've heard via other sites and my eagle buddies most want Carter or Bijan. Good amount are in on both so from my point of view he'd be praised. 

Not really sure why getting two of the top 5 players in the entire draft would be a bad thing but would love to hear why

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

You have that right to that opinion. From what I've heard via other sites and my eagle buddies most want Carter or Bijan. Good amount are in on both so from my point of view he'd be praised. 

They sound like casual poorly informed individuals.

Bijan IS a good (not great) player. But when you consider how much a RB actually impacts a teams performance, it's not worth using first round assets on one.

Carter is going to be a huge flop, even if you ignore the off the field incident. He's just not a highly driven or competitive dude which is the biggest red flag.

Just now, Danger said:

Bijan IS a good (not great) player. But when you consider how much a RB actually impacts a teams performance, it's not worth using first round assets on one.

Carter is going to be a huge flop, even if you ignore the off the field incident. He's just not a highly driven or competitive dude which is the biggest red flag.

So just two opinions. Maybe you'll be right but I wouldn't bet against two top prospects with my name attached to it. I'm betting the opposite.

So like 10+ irl and thousands upon thousands are poorly informed because they don't agree with you.. got it. 

Sounds like just different opinions. 

If you're taking a RB without a juggernaut offense already intact then I'd probably agree. We haven't seen many rbs like Bijan get drafted into a perfect situation. So I'm not gonna act like I know the answer either way. Seems silly to bet against it tho

Drafting Barkley that high with a piss poor offense line , QB and many other issues then yeah it's gonna look terrible every single time

Also in that situation you're getting Carter & Bijan

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

If at #10 (Bijan), your post might be accurate.  At 30, you're full of 💩.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

At 30 you trade back if there's no one better than Bijan on the board.

Why? You lock him in for 5 years, or let his *** walk? 

This BS notion NO RB is worth a 1st rd pick even at #30, is complete and utter 💩!!!!!!!!

Give me 4 years of Zeke like, HOF like production from the RB position, in this offense,  with these weapons over any GD OL/DL prospect in the draft at #30!!!!!

#10, you have an argument,  #30 a BS argument/narrative.  Sorry!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? You lock him in for 5 years, or let his *** walk? 

This BS notion NO RB is worth a 1st rd pick even at #30, is complete and utter 💩!!!!!!!!

Give me 4 years of Zeke like, HOF like production from the RB position, in this offense,  with these weapons over any GD OL/DL prospect in the draft at #30!!!!!

#10, you have an argument,  #30 a BS argument/narrative.  Sorry!

No need to say sorry, you're just living in the early 2000s with that philosophy. You're welcome to it, but in today's games it's shortsighted moves like that which leave you high and dry in 2-3 years' time.

Yeah if Bijan makes it into the back Third of round one and we passed on him for something like a developmental undersized edge or a CB which always feels like 33% chance of being any good, it’d be a bit head scratching for a team ready to win a Super Bowl.

Yeah there is good RB depth, but there’s some other good positions at those picks too. Yeah a sweet trade down package is nice, but you gotta make it make sense for a team to come up.

Bijan could be a 2K player in this offense. Purely taking into account all the meat we’d see miles leave on the bone and how much he had to be taken off the field on 3rd down in lieu of guys that could protect and catch the ball consistently.

• Like 1

We can discuss RB not being a highly valued position, especially by the Eagles, but I’m not sure there is a player who realistically would be there at 10 that could give the Eagles more value over that first contract than Bijan. He’s a phenomenal prospect when he’s being talked about as thee best or one of the few very best at his position to come out in like the last 15 years.

• Like 1