> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Looks like I'm not alone in the poorly informed jk jk . Bijan babbbbyyy! Especially from like 19-30. 

Like kilt said if we take some undersized CB over Bijan I'm gonna rage. 

Carter and Bijan would make this entire city except like 10 individuals explode in happiness. No one's booing Howie for them two, Howie drafted a frigging firemen in the first round and we still love him

Shout-out to Danny Watkins

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣  I'm dying pass on the top offensive player and trade down cuz he's a RB. You can't be serious 🙈🙈🙉🙉🙊🙊

You're also the type of dude who'd draft a punter in the 3rd round then huh

Runningbacks don't equate to winning games. You can use as many emojis as you want, doesn't make you any less wrong.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're also the type of dude who'd draft a punter in the 3rd round then huh

Runningbacks don't equate to winning games. You can use as many emojis as you want, doesn't make you any less wrong.

I can't think of any RBs that were first round talent at this level that were drafted into the perfect situation like this. Emitt Smith? Which lead to a few SBs. Maybe I'm missing someone but most RBs that are the generational types get drafted on terrible terrible teams. 

What did our backs have in the SB? 17 carries ish like 45 yards. Bijan would've tore it up on 17 carries. It's that what if game tho. We needed a worthy RB in that game on the ground. 

Not the same situation but look what a Blount and Ajayi did for us in the one we won.

RBs are still very important especially with QB like Hurts. He needs that threat to truly unlock him fully. Without it he's still friggin awesome but imagine with a serious RB

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What did our backs have in the SB? 17 carries ish like 45 yards. Bijan would've tore it up on 17 carries. It's that what if game tho. We needed a worthy RB in that game on the ground. 

That was on our O-Line. As good as they were this season, that game they could not get any room in the run game. Pass blocking they held up adequately.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

That was on our O-Line. As good as they were this season, that game they could not get any room in the run game. Pass blocking they held up adequately.

Maybe I still haven't been able to work myself up to watching the game a second time yet. Still hurts 🤕😭

Still willing to bet on a Stud RB vs Gainwell even though I do like gainwell a lot but would like him as the no2

You can sell me on bijan at 30 only because we happen to be in that “luxury” pick territory. If we only had one 1st, there’s no way. If Howie’s board is decimated at 10 and sees an opportunity to trade into the 20s, draft Bijan while picking up additional value later or next year, then maybe it’s feasible. I would disagree with it at any point in the first but there’s room for argument. Would I hate watching Bijan in green for the next 4-5 years? Absolutely not. Do I understand that it’s poor value even if he plays well and a death knell to sign him to a 2nd contract? Absolutely. I’ve come around to the notion on just pushing all in on offense and getting Hurts all the weapons he can handle. Getting a true all purpose, stud RB and a dynamic slot that can actually catch would put us A1 in terms of offensive capabilities. I do also understand our defense would suffer not only now but in the future and we’d have to beat teams 35-31. I’m ok with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't say they don't equate to winning games, but, drafting them at 10 does not equate to winning games.

Eagles just lost a Super Bowl to a team who featured a 7th round RB, who took the job from their 1st round RB.

I'm not campaigning for taking a RB top 10, would prefer some one else depending on the board of course. 

But I could live with it if it came to that, I've been saying how tired I am of being so inflexible with our philosophy so I would hate to pass on a good player because of it, specially because we tend to go with high floor type of players. 

I mean we just made the Super Bowl we can afford a luxury pick once with one of the two 1sts, it would be nice to have an immediate contributor on a rookie contract already. Howie sucks on player evaluation and often outsmarts himself. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wouldn't say they don't equate to winning games, but, drafting them at 10 does not equate to winning games.

Eagles just lost a Super Bowl to a team who featured a 7th round RB, who took the job from their 1st round RB.

Sure. Entirely valid.

Screw it im on board with Bijan at 10. It’s not my number one want, but I’m down with it. He is a good player not just running but also as a pass catcher. He would be someone who could create more mismatches. Is it stupid and narrow sighted from a team building stand point? Ya. Don’t care though go all in this year. 

Also good with Gibbs at 30. Just outscore people screw defense. 

• Like 1