> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

16 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Love the double doink, keep doinking to give us a sweet pick! 

That Saints schedule doesn't get any easier either - they still have to play Cincy, Arizona, LV, Baltimore, LAR, SF, TB, Cleveland and us. It's likely going to end up being a very high pick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This is fair and I have be an absolute **** about this but - 

The funny thing about this is that if Reagor ever turned about to be any good everyone would be jumping down our throats with the "I TOLD YOU SO!" - but the dude turned out to be *** and everyone wants to pretend like it never happened. 

I will come to this forum with the sole purpose to remind you all that Jalen Reagor sucks and that you all wanted him (over what is probably going to be a top 5 WR of all time) and made the very few of us that didn't out like we had no idea what we were talking about. 

The revisionist history swings both ways, no one thought Jefferson was going to be a top nfl wideout, let alone put up the numbers he has.

It doesn’t invalidate people wanting him less than Reagor. But it wasn’t some chasmic divide in reality back when it happened.

• Like 3

I haven’t seen anyone deny their pre draft love for Reagor. And think most everyone have been honest about how much he sucked and how wrong we were. I know I have. I fell in that trap of needing the burner WR and Jefferson was just a slot WR noise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

The revisionist history swings both ways, no one thought Jefferson was going to be a top nfl wideout, let alone put up the numbers he has.

It doesn’t invalidate people wanting him less than Reagor. But it wasn’t some chasmic divide in reality back when it happened.

Yeah this idea that people were saying Jefferson was going to be trash and Reagor was going to be the best has gone way too far. I think most people were ok with Jefferson, they just didn't think he fit what we needed. It was the obvious wrong pick in hindsight, but this idea that no one thought Jefferson would be even remotely good has definitely swung too far.

People misjudge players in the draft all the time. I mean look how far Jefferson fell down the board for the Eagles to even have a chance at picking him lol. Lots of people missed.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It was that decade's reminder of "Best Player available > fit"

Fit should be much less of a concern. I'll be the first one to admit. I thought Jefferson would be a solid #2 type of guy, but he'd be limited into where he could fit, and at that time we has way too much talent in the slot, but look how quickly fit can change? Just see the last two years.

• Like 1

Nothing new, but man...if they somehow get Anderson because of the Saints pick.
I'll end my grudge against that team.
All the times they hurt us, how annoying they have been for like 15 years.
All is forgiven.

Just haven't watched him for awhile and its so clear how good he's gonna be.

16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I haven’t seen anyone deny their pre draft love for Reagor. And think most everyone have been honest about how much he sucked and how wrong we were. I know I have. I fell in that trap of needing the burner WR and Jefferson was just a slot WR noise. 

I didn't like Reagor. I wanted lamb JJ or Aiyuk I believe was the 3rd. Lamb being the #1 must and gonna be let down if we didn't get him. I did hope Reagor would've been like DJack after we selected him

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I didn't like Reagor. I wanted lamb JJ or Aiyuk I believe was the 3rd. Lamb being the #1 must and gonna be let down if we didn't get him. I did hope Reagor would've been like DJack after we selected him

The right move was probably jumping the Cowboys to get Lamb after Jeudy went. Cowboys going WR with Cooper and Gallup was unexpected for me. Still though, Eagles could have been more active and getting a top level prospect. The reach is clear now but even then Jeudy and Lamb were more polished receivers. That was never in question. Reagor just seemed to check the boxes that we needed at the time. They desperately needed someone to stretch the field with a two tight end set. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

The right move was probably jumping the Cowboys to get Lamb after Jeudy went. Cowboys going WR with Cooper and Gallup was unexpected for me. Still though, Eagles could have been more active and getting a top level prospect. The reach is clear now but even then Jeudy and Lamb were more polished receivers. That was never in question. Reagor just seemed to check the boxes that we needed at the time. They desperately needed someone to stretch the field with a two tight end set. 

At the time that was definitely the right move for us, undoubtedly, but if we did that we would be stuck with Carson right now. Would have been nice to take Jefferson, but let's be real we were all wrong about that one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danger said:

At the time that was definitely the right move for us, undoubtedly, but if we did that we would be stuck with Carson right now. Would have been nice to take Jefferson, but let's be real we were all wrong about that one.

Yep, Atlanta wanted that 2nd to do it.

Ceedee has been fine but has had some bumps, but not getting Hurts means we aren’t in the position we are now.

57 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ceedee has been fine but has had some bumps, but not getting Hurts means we aren’t in the position we are now.

Atlanta was correct to not want to miss out on Terrell

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Not trading our 2nd (Hurts) for Lamb even in hindsight was the correct move.

Viewing JJ as nothing more then a slot WR, was absolutely a monumental mistake by Howie and his Scouts.

But that's Howie in a nutshell. Always trying to recreate 2017. 🤷‍♂️

Reagor (speedster)> Jefferson 

JJAW (Alshon) > Metcalf 

Let's just be glad he learned from those mistakes. 

Smitty/AJ