> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

The Russel Wilson trade has to be one of the worst trades in recent memory if not all time. What an absolute disaster for Denver. 

Shout out to Bleeding Green Nation for taking every opportunity to tell the universe the Eagles should have traded for Russ this summer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:
5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

What a dark timeline that would’ve been

How good would the Seahawks be with Jalen Hurts as their QB1 this year?

I mean Geno has played great for them and we don't know that Jalen would've had this same season behind a whole new offense he hadn't played in before and players he hasn't built chemistry with. I had been harping all offseason about how huge the continuity in the same offense would be for him. I'm sure he still would've done well there, but I'm not sure if the Seahawks record would be too much better than right now. 

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Geno has played great for them and we don't know that Jalen would've had this same season behind a whole new offense he hadn't played in before and players he hasn't built chemistry with. I had been harping all offseason about how huge the continuity in the same offense would be for him. I'm sure he still would've done well there, but I'm not sure if the Seahawks record would be too much better than right now. 

yeah but he'd have a good Oline and good skill position players.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:
12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I really hope we can stay inside the top 7. 

Who’s your 5 right now you’ll be happy to take? (Assuming 2 of the top 7 is Stroud and Bryce)

Top 5 in that area would be Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, Myles Murphy and then I have to start thinking a little harder. Need to watch more of Bresee in detail more before saying I'll take him in the top 7. Tyree Wilson has been really impressing and has probably moved into the top 15 or so now. He's gonna be a target if we are at like 10 or so. I haven't watched enough of any the top corners in this class to say that I would take them top 10, but its definitely a position we gotta consider with Bradberry getting more $ in FA than we can give him and Slay getting up there.

56 minutes ago, Danger said:

Also keep in mind, if we traded for Russ, we wouldn't have AJ Brown most likely.

The only way a Russ trade made sense to me even a year or two ago was like if the Seahawks were gonna give us him at a discount compared to what QBs go for and no reason for them to do that cause you know one of these teams is gonna be desperate.  Shout out to Russ though. He really saved us by being picky. Speaking of veteran QBs I’d like to see Rodgers moved to the Jets this offseason. Seems like a good fit if Rodgers still wants to play. That team has some  good young WRs, good backs, and a really good defense. Jets offensive coordinator is also Mike LaFleur who is the younger brother of Aaron’s current coach. Only thing kinda lacking is the OL and I’m sure if they trade for Rodgers they would try and get on that with whatever picks they got left and FA.

Also, while I got you here in the draft thread what do you think about Joey Porter for us?

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Shout out to Bleeding Green Nation for taking every opportunity to tell the universe the Eagles should have traded for Russ this summer 

Ahh yes, resident Jalen Hurts hater and basement dweller BLG would’ve probably picked Bin Laden over Hurts. 

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Top 5 in that area would be Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, Myles Murphy and then I have to start thinking a little harder. Need to watch more of Bresee in detail more before saying I'll take him in the top 7. Tyree Wilson has been really impressing and has probably moved into the top 15 or so now. He's gonna be a target if we are at like 10 or so. I haven't watched enough of any the top corners in this class to say that I would take them top 10, but its definitely a position we gotta consider with Bradberry getting more $ in FA than we can give him and Slay getting up there.

Carter, Anderson or Murphy would be the dream - probably need NO to finish with a top 6 pick to land one of those. Or hope that some stupid teams fall in love w AR and Levis and we see 4 QBs go before our pick. 

Tyree Wilson is a name I like a lot - not sure how high he’ll go but he should dominate the combine and individuals and should put himself right around that top 10 mark. 

I’ve only watched Ringo and JPJ extensively and I don’t think either of them are top ten value right now. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Ahh yes, resident Jalen Hurts hater and basement dweller BLG would’ve probably picked Bin Laden over Hurts. 

I really don't think he's a Jalen Hurts hater. But I haven't listened to BGN podcast for a long time now. He was more of a Carson hater, because of his friendship with John Santoloquito. But yeah, he sucks.