What do you want to pat yourself on the back about? What are you embarrassed about?

MikeT14

23 hours ago, Daniel said:

To be fair, I know a lot of people were high on Likely.  Dude just had it all on tape.  Wasn't there consistently, but you could see all the tools.

If he doesn't bomb his pro day, he goes much higher I think. 

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people should be ashamed of themselves for the Travon Walker sucks takes. He was always worthy of that #1 overall pick and verrrryyy early on, he looks to be "that man."

People were saying this was one of the dumbest selections in NFL draft history all because he didn't play a lot in college. The guy is a freak, plays hard, and has crazy upside to develop into a one-of-a-kind pass rusher. He's also versatile enough to play inside & outside. I know it's early to start parading around saying Travon is the GOAT, but he was hated on so hard after Jacksonville took him #1.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:09 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

A lot of people should be ashamed of themselves for the Travon Walker sucks takes. He was always worthy of that #1 overall pick and verrrryyy early on, he looks to be "that man."

People were saying this was one of the dumbest selections in NFL draft history all because he didn't play a lot in college. The guy is a freak, plays hard, and has crazy upside to develop into a one-of-a-kind pass rusher. He's also versatile enough to play inside & outside. I know it's early to start parading around saying Travon is the GOAT, but he was hated on so hard after Jacksonville took him #1.

Understand the pick, but also understand the criticism. Look at JJ Watt, probably a touch freakier and also had inside outside versatility and was drafted 11th or so. In hindsight that was a steal, but I think Walker is a bit of a risk there so hes usually more of that 5-10 pick range with every chance of being fantastic but potentially never getting close to that ceiling his traits suggest.

3 hours ago, lark25 said:

Understand the pick, but also understand the criticism. Look at JJ Watt, probably a touch freakier and also had inside outside versatility and was drafted 11th or so. In hindsight that was a steal, but I think Walker is a bit of a risk there so hes usually more of that 5-10 pick range with every chance of being fantastic but potentially never getting close to that ceiling his traits suggest.

He’s already elite against the run and has a crazy high motor though. That’s why I was bought in. Virtually no chance to be a terrible player and a solid chance at being a generational type guy that can play anywhere up front.

As a huge Watt fan, Walker is freakier from a traits perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I've been spot on with wideouts in most drafts, besides 2020.

Keenan Allen is probably the one I get the most annoyed by, like how no team saw him being good for 2.5 rounds 

Remains to be seen with this draft, was down on Olave and high on Pierce and Pickens and the league went opposite again.

Dameon Pierce seems like the early "I was right" pick, I guess Pickett will be a I was wrong if he plays well?

On 9/17/2022 at 7:05 PM, lark25 said:

Hutchinson hasn't done much outside the 3 sack game (I'm calling fluke cuz atleast 1 of the sacks was a gift. 

The edge I wanted was thibs and while it remains unseen how he will do I seem to be okay with walker as it's really allowed Josh Allen to produce more this year instead of being the only true edge rush threat. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Hutchinson hasn't done much outside the 3 sack game (I'm calling fluke cuz atleast 1 of the sacks was a gift. 

The edge I wanted was thibs and while it remains unseen how he will do I seem to be okay with walker as it's really allowed Josh Allen to produce more this year instead of being the only true edge rush threat. 

Hard to say. Hutchinson is getting more double teams than Nick bosa and has been playing injured. Josh Allen is a beast, and don't think there's anyone else close to that on Detroit so im not making a call on any of these guys right now other than nobody has been too bad

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Hard to say. Hutchinson is getting more double teams than Nick bosa and has been playing injured. Josh Allen is a beast, and don't think there's anyone else close to that on Detroit so im not making a call on any of these guys right now other than nobody has been too bad

And apparently still generating a higher percentage of pressure per pass rushing snap.

10 hours ago, lark25 said:

Pfr has walker down for 7 pressures 2qb hits 1 sack 4 hurries 2 knockdowns. Also has him giving up 2 completions on 3 targets(1 int).

Hutchinson has 8 pressures 3 qb hits 3 sack's 2 hurries 3 knockdowns. 

Both doing good but I think for how the jags are using I think walker fits more. 

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Pfr has walker down for 7 pressures 2qb hits 1 sack 4 hurries 2 knockdowns. Also has him giving up 2 completions on 3 targets(1 int).

Both doing good but I think for how the jags are using I think walker fits more. 

I think both guys are doing fine and suspect both teams are thus far happy with their picks.

I guess my point is id much rather be playing on the line with Josh Allen than whoever else the Lions have. Charles Harris is ok i guess, but doesn't really inspire anything close to the level of respect Allen would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Having watched Hutchinson quite a bit this season PFF has him at 14 pressures and I’d say that’s more accurate (not taking about grades) and Walker appears to have 8 which is closer to that PFr number.