Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It is everything in this league. Can you on a consistent basis win without one? NO. Can any team win any Sunday? 100%. You're cherry picking examples and not telling the whole story. Geno had an incredible game yesterday. Is Geno incredible? No, but he played incredible for yesterdays game. If you think that's the QB he'll be the whole season, good luck with that. You think Burrow is going to throw 4 INTs, get sacked 7 times and fumble once every game good luck with that. I've never rated Tannehill high so him vs Jones is about equal IMO. And Cousins out dueled Rodgers bc what's around him. Cousins has a great group of weapons to throw to (you could argue the best WR in the NFL) when Rodgers has no one. And Cousins is actually a vey good QB, so not sure where you're going with that one.

So in review of this whole thing......any QB can have a good or bad game and it's more important to look at the whole team like weapons and offensive lines and opposing defenses?  Thanks for proving the point

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

So in review of this whole thing......any QB can have a good or bad game and it's more important to look at the whole team like weapons and offensive lines and opposing defenses?  Thanks for proving the point

Your original point was that outside of Jackson and Andrews what does BAL have that's better than CLE.

Which my response was that to talk down a QB like it's nothing is rather idiotic.

I mean on paper on offense outside of Josh Allen aren't we about equal to Buffalo? Think of how dumb that statement sounds.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Your original point was that outside of Jackson and Andrews what does BAL have that's better than CLE.

Which my response was that to talk down a QB like it's nothing is rather idiotic.

I mean on paper on offense outside of Josh Allen aren't we about equal to Buffalo? Think of how dumb that statement sounds.

well, they have the better offensivle line currently, better number one and number 2 WR, so no.

my point is it doesn't matter how bad their QB is.  We didn't lose to Baltimore because Lamar went nuts, we lost because the offense sucked, and Cleveland has a better one, no matter how good or bad Brissett is

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

well, they have the better offensivle line currently, better number one and number 2 WR, so no.

my point is it doesn't matter how bad their QB is.  We didn't lose to Baltimore because Lamar went nuts, we lost because the offense sucked, and Cleveland has a better one, no matter how good or bad Brissett is

You're taking a game and using that like that's now who we are 100%. Can Flacco not play like Geno did possibly on Sunday against CLE? You're coincidentally leave bits and pieces out. You gave a few examples of QBs who lost like you dont need one in this league. But yet are bashing our backup QB saying he cant win.

So which is? You can win in this league with not a great QB or can you?

The stance cant change based on if it's just Flacco or not. He had a bad game. Move on. Us as fans and the team need to do that. I mean in his small action last year for us he was 27/42 338yds 3 TDs 0 INTs.

Not going to sit here and say Flacco is a good QB. But as far as backups go, he's one of the better ones.

Saleh is always in the business of looking for “the positives” or “making excuses” depending how you look at it. I forgot what he said in the off-season, but it was about the run defense. Something along the lines of “if you just remove the runs over 30+ yards it was actually average” he sounded like a Jets fan at least 

Would really like to know who (Saleh or Douglas) made the call to sit Zach these first few weeks. 

The timeline doesn't make any sense. I would bet he's healthy enough to play, and week 4 was a "calculated" decision to ease him along mentally and give the OL time to gel... assuming that's the case, I couldn't disagree more with how their handling it.

The initial timeline for Zach's injury was 2-4 weeks, barring any major setbacks, at most he would be dealing with discomfort at this point as opposed to injury. You don't prematurely rule a guy out for 3 weeks with discomfort.  

Obviously there's more nuance to any injury, but again, there's no reason to believe things are more complicated than the initial prognosis. So, is it the GM or HC dictating his return? My guess - Saleh is grossly overthinking the situation, as it relates to what's best for Zach and in terms of overestimating Flacco as a replacement.

I absolutely hate the idea of "babying" Zach here. If he's forced to play through a little discomfort and behind an OL still trying to find their groove, so be it. He's not a rookie. If he's the guy, let him rip, and if that means learning to play through a little adversity, all the better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Would really like to know who (Saleh or Douglas) made the call to sit Zach these first few weeks. 

The timeline doesn't make any sense. I would bet he's healthy enough to play, and week 4 was a "calculated" decision to ease him along mentally and give the OL time to gel... assuming that's the case, I couldn't disagree more with how their handling it.

I agree and disagree. I do know when they gave 2-4 weeks that was not looking good if you loaned to Saleh’s press conferences. I mean he wasn’t even walking around the facility without help for 2-3 weeks. So to expect him to be in NFL regular season game shape in that time frame was off. It could also be they just don’t want to rush him back at all. No sense to. Make sure he’s 100%. In reality I think he needs to try and play the Pitt game if he can.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

The initial timeline for Zach's injury was 2-4 weeks, barring any major setbacks, at most he would be dealing with discomfort at this point as opposed to injury. You don't prematurely rule a guy out for 3 weeks with discomfort.  

Obviously there's more nuance to any injury, but again, there's no reason to believe things are more complicated than the initial prognosis. So, is it the GM or HC dictating his return? My guess - Saleh is grossly overthinking the situation, as it relates to what's best for Zach and in terms of overestimating Flacco as a replacement.

I absolutely hate the idea of "babying" Zach here. If he's forced to play through a little discomfort and behind an OL still trying to find their groove, so be it. He's not a rookie. If he's the guy, let him rip, and if that means learning to play through a little adversity, all the better. 

Wrong. The meniscus trim is a 2-4 week injury. You forget that Wilson had 2 injuries, he also had a bone bruise which is a 4-8 week injury. 

The bone bruise is why he is kept out right now.  The doctors were not comfortable with him playing yet. I rather the Jets make sure Wilson is 100% before he gets put back on the field, he is too important. 

You can question the Jets on a lot of things, but they are doing right by Wilson on this one. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

IF WE DONT PICK UP BLANKENSHIP I WILL FIGHT THIS ENTIRE FRONT OFFICE AND STAFF MYSELF

Why? His career doesn't look significantly better than what we have.  Greg is like a 83% FG kicker with high volumes of kicks, the main thing that is concerning is he seems to miss a lot of extra points. 

I am interested in if the Jets replace Mann, they worked out punters today. They should have kept Morestead over Mann, unfortunately that was a mistake. But Mann hasn't improved nor showed the ability to be a competent punter. 

They brought in Michael Palardy who would be a upgrade over Mann if they do that, Palardy seems to be around the middle of the league .

Edited by NYJets4716