Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Will be a fun match up only if we play some straight up Man with them

100% agree.  Have Sauce and Reed on Chase and Tee straight up man all game long.  Keep a deep S.  Have Whitehead play the TE and of course MC2 on the slot in man.  Have the 2 LB drop into zone to defend short pass or blitz every now and then.  Final score - Jets 27 Cincy 0.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

100% agree.  Have Sauce and Reed on Chase and Tee straight up man all game long.  Keep a deep S.  Have Whitehead play the TE and of course MC2 on the slot in man.  Have the 2 LB drop into zone to defend short pass or blitz every now and then.  Final score - Jets 27 Cincy 0.

WOW you really think that will be the score? 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

I love DJ Reed, but that's a tough ask if it's not Chase.  Higgins has literally more than half a foot on him

49 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I love DJ Reed, but that's a tough ask if it's not Chase.  Higgins has literally more than half a foot on him

That was the big concern by some here when we got Reed. I was one of the skeptics. But after watching some highlights, Reed plays a lot bigger than his size. There is no doubt it would be a dogfight, but Reed  will win most of those battles, he usually does.  Can always play the taller Sauce on Tee.

The whole point is that we have two pretty good man cover CB’s that have the ability to lock down those two dangerous receivers.  Use them that way instead of playing soft looking for TO’s that never happen. If Sauce was playing man on Cooper in the end zone, Cooper isn’t scoring that TD. I think the zone scheme confuses our own players more than the opposing team. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

That was the big concern by some here when we got Reed. I was one of the skeptics. But after watching some highlights, Reed plays a lot bigger than his size. There is no doubt it would be a dogfight, but Reed  will win most of those battles, he usually does.  Can always play the taller Sauce on Tee.

The whole point is that we have two pretty good man cover CB’s that have the ability to lock down those two dangerous receivers.  Use them that way instead of playing soft looking for TO’s that never happen. If Sauce was playing man on Cooper in the end zone, Cooper isn’t scoring that TD. I think the zone scheme confuses our own players more than the opposing team. 

That would be my suggestion, reed can cover those 6, 6'1 guys cause of his vertical and toughness, but I think 6'4 is too tall a task....cymbal crash

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What’s the deal with Bryce Huff and Bryce Hall?

Bryce Huff is overrated on this board. He would not be on most NFL 53 man team. Bryce Hall on the other hand is a good CB 4 which is where he should be. Hall has no business being a starting CB on this team. He could be a CB 3 on most NFL teams but not this one. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Bryce Huff is overrated on this board. He would not be on most NFL 53 man team. Bryce Hall on the other hand is a good CB 4 which is where he should be. Hall has no business being a starting CB on this team. He could be a CB 3 on most NFL teams but not this one. 

I guarantee you if Huff was released, he would get picked up quickly.  

Huff is a pass rusher, we just played 2 run heavy offenses. So that is why Huff wasn't active as he doesn't offer much vs the run. 

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You underrate them so much. These are a 5th round pick and an UDFA that have some very good metrics. They obviously cannot and shouldn't be the best players at their positions if we want this team to be great but their film is more good than bad and we've done a good job developing them.