Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

Yeah, this coaching staff is on the hot seat for me. 6 wins and Wilson's progress is where I'm setting the bar to save his job. 

49ers defense looks the same without him. So now I feel like we might have given him too much credit. We won 4 games, but Saleh was only the HC for 3. I'm not seeing progress with a better team. We've only had a lead for 22 seconds in 3 weeks. We've been down double digits for the majority of the 3 games. 

Year 2 in this scheme and everyone still having communication issues on defense.  Signed 2 starting TEs and drafted 1, still don't target them until the game is over. Saleh should have benched Flacco to at least try to change things up. Should have benched him after hitting the goal post. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I want to see Moore win some one on one battles or jump balls.  GW and Devonta Smith who are sticks have no problem going up and winning a battle.  Moore has been underwhelming after all his hype.

He really is. Fans love to say hes always open but when is he actually winning the route? I said this last year too. Taking forever to win a route and then appearing open when the play has already collapsed is not getting open. He also looks like he gives up on routes too. I have not been impressed with him at all. 

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy to see Reed call out the players and staff. Accountability is what this team needs. Players didn't make plays yesterday, and the staff wasn't prepared or making the right adjustments.

This is what needs to happen. I think we saw this when Williams and the coach went at it on the sideline. I think that coach was calling for the DL to step up and might have even said Williams by name. 

I can't see us doing anything on offensive till we get the Offensive line squared away right now it is a mess.. And the TE is another joke we spent 20 mill on guys who are only check down receivers. All the great TE's had the ability to go over the middle and cause nightmare  for D backs.             

At the end of the day we knew we'd at best be 1-2 at this point with us playing BAL and CIN. So we're still on par for what we thought generally. It's just how the play has been. Hopefully we get a spark on offense with Wilson hopefully under C this week and the rest of the year.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day we knew we'd at best be 1-2 at this point with us playing BAL and CIN. So we're still on par for what we thought generally. It's just how the play has been. Hopefully we get a spark on offense with Wilson hopefully under C this week and the rest of the year.

That's because we didn't expect Cincy to be abysmal coming into week 3. So far they've lost to Cooper Rush and Mitch Trubisky - this wasn't the same team that beat the Bills in the AFCCG. And worse, it wasn't even a competitive game, we got marched on and our offense laid a total egg in the second half.

41 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is what needs to happen. I think we saw this when Williams and the coach went at it on the sideline. I think that coach was calling for the DL to step up and might have even said Williams by name. 

Apparently Quinnen was arguing about how they needed to Blitz less 

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Apparently Quinnen was arguing about how they needed to Blitz less 

I love the fire and I love that they are frustrated but its a bad look and honestly they weren't getting there with a 4 man rush and our zone coverage is softer than baby sh*t so big Q can cry all he wants but the fact is his unit has been a compete utter failure. Can't stop the run, can't rush the passer...and this guy wants $20 mil? He is a good football player but he is nothing more than another Leo Williams. A guy who takes up space, takes on double teams and occasionally generates pressure and even less often finishes. I wouldn't trade him for a 3rd round pick though. He's worth more to us than a day 2 pick, but also not nearly worth what he wants to get paid or where he was drafted. 

• Like 1