2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m assuming we keep 5 receivers. Woods, NWI, Burks, Phillips, and Racey. Dez as far as I’m concerned can GTFO but he’ll probably get to the PS. Same with Kinsey. Pretty bad group if we’re being honest. Woods coming back from an ACL and is a very good #2 WR. A receiver with no explosiveness and has questionable hands at times but runs solid routes, blocks incredibly well, and is a beast on SPT in NWI. Two rookies in which one who came into minicamp out of shape and couldn’t really practice. Got hurt today so we’ll see the significance of that. The other rookie is a slot guy who really didn’t play much in the 1st game for whatever reason. Lastly, a guy who we’re expecting to at least be someone who can stretch the defense for a play or two a game and play good SPT.  Not sure how you can get excited with a group like that. Now the TE group should definitely be better with Hooper and potentially Chig adding something that we severely lacked last year from the position, the ability to do anything in the receving game. Didn’t really have that element at all considering all of them sucked last season. Still think it’s going to take a while for this offense to get going especially earlier in the season. That’s not even mentioning the OL which might’ve gotten worse. Quessenberry was a pretty horrible RT in the pass game but could move people in the run game. We’ll see what Radunz and NPF become and it could take some time to gel. LG got significantly worse. I like Brewer as a swing iOL but if you’re expecting him to be able to move 300+ DL off the ball all day, then yikes.  Teams are going to attack the hell out of him. Flowers should be signed ASAP. We’re expecting Tannehill to have a bounce back year and this is group we surround him with…. Just hope the defense is healthy and clicking on all cylinders to start the season because they’re going to need them to be the backbone of this team.

Thing that is questionable about NWI to me is his speed. He proved to me last year he could be depended on to catch the tough catch. He just has no explosiveness.  Good for the 10 yard gain and under. 

While our WR core won't put up 5,000 yards. I think with the way we play offense, they are a very good group. If this was KC offense I'd be worried, but our offense, I think we have the guys to fill the role they need.
Woods makes the intermediate catches.
Racey hopefully takes the top off.
Phillips moves the chains.
Chig create a mismatch
Hooper moves the chain.
Burks hopefully is a do it all. 

Their availability will make them a better group than last year by default.

All this is null and void if they can't stay healthy of course and if Tanny doesn't rebound. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Between McCreary and Farley, I think we're gonna have some struggles at CB early in the season, but a really, really good group of CBs by the season's end.

I'm really curious about Hooker and Molden's status though.

There shouldn’t be much excuses to be had at CB this year. The Dline is about to be nasty. If you can’t succeed at corner behind this Front seven you’re toast on 90% of other teams. 

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Between McCreary and Farley, I think we're gonna have some struggles at CB early in the season, but a really, really good group of CBs by the season's end.

I'm really curious about Hooker and Molden's status though.

I think McCreary will be fine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the outside CB in base and moves to nickel in the subpackages. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think McCreary will be fine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the outside CB in base and moves to nickel in the subpackages. 

I think they'll both be fine, but McCreary is a rookie and Farley might as well be, so I also expect some growing pains.

There almost always are with rookie CBs.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think they'll both be fine, but McCreary is a rookie and Farley might as well be, so I also expect some growing pains.

There almost always are with rookie CBs.

Yea I just think McCreary is much further along. He’s played the position for a long time. Farley is still learning how to even play the position. He’s had a million injuries that has kind of killed his development. Regardless, I think we’re in a good position with these guys. This defense “should” be elite with this front 4, LB crew, and this DB unit. Just have to stay relatively healthy with our core guys.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man........i 100% know i'm going to regret believing the hype lol. but it really is night and day the way racey is moving between last year and this year

Yea it's wild. All I can think about is just how awkward he looked out there. That fumble against Pittsburgh sheesh, he legitimately just didn't look like a guy that should be anywhere near an NFL field at times. If he could bloom, boy that would be sweet. He just looks like a different player.

I just would be so happy if our receiver corps just balled this year. It would be so funny especially after this off-season debauchery.