2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Me, I’m the fool lol.

I’m not even asking for much from McMath. Just Kalif Raymond’s production. Raymond only had 19 total catches in his two years here but he was our big play deep threat. That’s all I’m asking from McMath. Racey go deep can’t be too much to ask for, right?

The thing he really has working for him is that he plays Special Teams, which gives him a chance to be active. He’s definitely our fastest receiver. 

Not trying to get too excited about McMath

But wasn't his narrative coming out of LSU basically: freak athlete, super raw?

If so...tie the gifts with intense hard work (not sure how hard he works, but something's paying off)...why not get overly excited???? lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also depends on who reports. I don't know if Paul reported this. I don't follow him. 

Reports he’s been inconsistent up & down he’s going to struggle this yr my gut feeling like Pac-Man rookie season I just want him to play with confidence not make the same mistake & be healthy 

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not trying to get too excited about McMath

But wasn't his narrative coming out of LSU basically: freak athlete, super raw?

If so...tie the gifts with intense hard work (not sure how hard he works, but something's paying off)...why not get overly excited???? lol

He had some flash moments in the pandemic shortened season.  
Someone like that with measurables and skills will only be held back by how hard they work. Seems like he is a hard worker. So I don't think its crazy to be excited. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Just like last year when Rogers and Marcus Johnson were tearing it up in camp.

But if we can get Woods, Burks, NWI, Phillips and McMath to be consistently on the field to go with Chig and Hooper our passing game is better as whole than last year. Even with the subtraction of AJ. 

to be totally fair, marcus johnson was actually not bad when he was on the field. his issue, as it's always been, is staying on the field in the first place. poor guy just can't catch a break injury wise.

imo it's not totally absurd to hope that mcmath can become a one-trick-pony deep threat. definitely, definitely not gonna count on it lol, as it's just as likely he completely disappears once the games start. but it would be pretty cool if he can provide that role for us.

The way I see it, Burks, Woods, and NWI are almost certainly our top 3.  I think with either rookie Burks or with Woods, we're going to have a well below average No. 1 receiver.  But, if our middle and back end are stronger than average, we'll end up with a halfway decent group of receivers.

The NFL median No. 1 receiver has around 1100 yards.  No. 2 is about 750.  No. 3 is around 540.  I think we'll do well if either of our top 2 are near those marks, but for Number 3, I think seeing either NWI or Hooper getting there is pretty reasonable.

After that, we just need the other of Hooper or NWI to get over 410 to be overperforming as a fourth.  Then Phillips and McMath, as the next two, need to beat 330 and 270 to get ahead.  If Phillips looks half as good in the season as he has in practice, that's a reasonable goal.  Ditto with McMath if he's significantly less raw.

Then there's Okonkwo, who would only need to beat 230 to be doing better than average as a seventh option.

Considering that getting an average level performance from our receivers probably indicates a very prolific offense for a team that runs as much as we do, there's definitely a realistic way forward for the Titans to actually have a good group this season.  It's a young group, so we'll need some luck, but it's definitely not unrealistic.

Not just the front 7 but the defense in general… probably the most excited I’ve been to watch a defense since before 08 season. Absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t be top 10 in every statistical category with some top 5s in some. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1