2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

Depth chart is exactly what we figured it would be before the first pre-season game.  Rookies are going to be behind vets until they show something in real action.... unless you are a 1st round pick.

IMO Farley is almost as much as rookie if not more so than McCreary.  McCreary has played a bunch of snaps at a high level the last couple of years and Farley hasn't.  Also, being a longer player technique is really important for Farley especially his footwork.  We will certainly see McCreary playing a bunch of snaps even if he isn't starting which is fine with me.  They will match him up on a guy like Renfro and hopefully prevent 1st downs.  

Also, Philips and Renfro are mirror images.  Similar size and timed speed and both lasted until the 5th round.  

You can really see rationale of letting AJ go because what it comes down to is they kept Landry, need to keep Hooker and Long (Cunningham is due $11 mil next year) and obviously Big Jeff.  We also have a decision to make with Hooper who is on a one year deal and it would be nice to have him around.  I think Burks will be stud anyway.  

22 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Hopefully Johnson makes it over Chris Jackson. 

But will he make it over Shakur Brown?  Because based on the single preseason game and what people have said in practices, it seems like the last spot may be Brown's to lose.

Fulton, Farley, McCreary, and Molden are obvious locks, but I could see a bunch of combos in the last two (and I assume they'll keep six with the injury issues in the group).  Brown, Jackson, Johnson, and Mabin all have pretty good arguments to be one of the last two.  I'd assume Mabin gets in for experience, but I could see a lot of different ways those spots could go.

43 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Has Lonnie Johnson ever played safety because what I saw from AJ Moore left me completely unimpressed.

yes. he was starting at S for the texans at one point. don't think he was especially good, but maybe could be decent depth.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Not sure what a Tyree Gillespie is but it’s clear JRob isn’t happy with the safety depth… Well, we had a pretty good player who we just let walk for nothing…. Smh

Yea clearly backup safety is looking like a concern.. We should just slide Molden to safety if all else fails.. Lonnie looks like the type to have the Cruikshank role