The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Who would you look at in the 2nd round? We wouldn’t get very much for dropping 4 spots would we? 

If we draft Nolan Smith I would go for a CB. A lot of good ones in this draft. Clark phillips is one of my favorites and will be there in the 2nd.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we draft Nolan Smith I would go for a CB. A lot of good ones in this draft. Clark phillips is one of my favorites and will be there in the 2nd.

Phillips size is definitely a concern. 5'9 (7th percentile), 184 (16th percentile), 29" arms (1th percentile) and he didn't test great: 4.51 forty (44th percentile), 33" vert (13th percentile), 4.32 shuttle (17th percentile) 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Phillips size is definitely a concern. 5'9 (7th percentile), 184 (16th percentile), 29" arms (1th percentile) and he didn't test great: 4.51 forty (44th percentile), 33" vert (13th percentile), 4.32 shuttle (17th percentile) 

I'm well aware. But on the field he's a first round talent. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Does he project outside? And are there any CBs that have overcome similar size/athletic limitations to be good in the NFL?

Yeah. Jason Verrett. Asante Samuel. Tim Jennings. His quickness/ability to close and ball skills are outstanding.