The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read J. Carter has been crossed off our list at 7 and we will not be taking him.  I am all in for a trade back and drafting a stud edge rusher or cb.  

Just saw that article as well. Sucks if we pass on him because he's exactly the talent we need, but I understand the reasoning. Having another Ruggs incident would be horrible.

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Just saw that article as well. Sucks if we pass on him because he's exactly the talent we need, but I understand the reasoning. Having another Ruggs incident would be horrible.

That is one of the major issues about having a team in Vegas and why I wish they would have stayed in Oakland.  If there are any red flags with a player, especially after the Ruggs situation, they have to pass.

• Like 1

I don't agree with having JC off our board completely but it is what it is. What I really have issue with is if this is the case -- why is it being reported? That would lessen the need for a team to trade up for him if he does start to drop. It just seems unnecessary to voluntarily give up that information. 

• Like 1

Per The Athletic's Vic Tafur, the Raiders have "crossed off" Carter on their draft board. 

Say no more.... Has this guy been right about a single thing since the team has moved to Vegas? 

Regardless, Carter is going to the Lions anyway in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read J. Carter has been crossed off our list at 7 and we will not be taking him.  I am all in for a trade back and drafting a stud edge rusher or cb.  

Since Vic said it we might actually trade up for Carter.

So, this is from THIS article

Here's the only quote that matters

But Carter is not an option for the Raiders at No. 7, having already been crossed off by the team, according to a league source

I find it mildly interesting that he said league source, and not team source. Might not mean a thing. It might have been Ziegler feeding him that off the record as a smokescreen. Might be an agent. 

I feel like the Raiders/Mark Davis were pretty vocal about domestic violence after Biletnikoff's daughter, and internally, I wonder if they really want to lump all driving incidents together. Carter was racing. Ruggs was drunk, and caused a horrific accident with awful, awful details. 

I don't see these as being close. What if it was speeding tickets? Are we to cross off very player who drives like an ***?

• Like 1