The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wouldn't be a fan of that personally. I could see us moving him to RT, or taking him in a trade down and plugging him at G. 

However if the Eagles took him at 10 and played him at G it would be considered a brilliant move. 

Does he have the power as a run blocker that you want in a RT? I think he'll probably be a guard long term. 

Probably. But that's one of the luxuries you get when you have one of the most talented teams in the league coming off of a Super Bowl appearance. 

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Aaron Rodgers sat there for 4 hours, looking like a deer in the headlights, with the cameras on him every pick. If someone wants to avoid that nonsense, good for them. Joe Thomas skipped the draft (and he KNEW he was going top 5), and everyone acted like he was a folk hero. 

No one would blame him for skipping the draft, it’s more about the attitude of only wanting to do it if he’s guaranteed he’s a top pick. Guys go all the time that know they could fall and that shows confidence. Some people are not going to like an attitude like that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

No one would blame him for skipping the draft, it’s more about the attitude of only wanting to do it if he’s guaranteed he’s a top pick. Guys go all the time that know they could fall and that shows confidence. Some people are not going to like an attitude like that. 

He comes off like a pr**k

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Travon Walker went #1 overall last year and he only had 9.5 sacks in 3 seasons at UGA. It's not about highlights with him it's the fact that he had arguably the best combine for an edge player, ever.

And that is the problem combine means squat.

49 minutes ago, massraider said:

Then what are you arguing with?

What position does he play---at 238 pounds? Where's he 'project' to?

I've been skeptical of Nolan Smith to be honest he's one of those tweener type guys that blows away the combine but no real production in college I'd stay away. Ojulari and Foskey I'm more comfortable with.

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I've been skeptical of Nolan Smith to be honest he's one of those tweener type guys that blows away the combine but no real production in college I'd stay away. Ojulari and Foskey I'm more comfortable with.

That kid from KState. Love him

• Like 1