The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, massraider said:

The really good thing about an Anthony Richardson missing an easy 6 yard slant, is the next play he can scramble around for 6 seconds, and launch a bomb to a wide open WR who finally broke coverage. 

Other QBs cannot do that, so they have to have a 70% completion percentage. 

This is what's happening already in the NFL. Accuracy is preferred, but not as important as it used to be. 

Hooker Can actually do that too.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Exactly I like Haener in round 5 over Hooker in round 3. I actually like Haener more as a prospect. I’m drafting a potential starting QB in round 5 if I have a chance, wouldn’t be mad in the 4th either. 

is it because Fresno State lol

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Richardson super you by and only a sophomore. He could have easily came back as a 21 year old Jr and dominated. We won’t know, so that’s why there’s a risk. Cam spent more time in college so his resume is more longer. Richardson flashed in college, has all the elite traits. What sold me, he’s not a knucklehead. Combine traits, ability, and the desire= greatness 

Dude still played 3 seasons and has only come strong in the pre draft process. If he was this beast it should have shown in the season. Freak athletes usually stand out in college and the fact he didn’t is a little sus. 

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

Dude still played 3 seasons and has only come strong in the pre draft process. If he was this beast it should have shown in the season. Freak athletes usually stand out in college and the fact he didn’t is a little sus. 

Two words: Utah Game 

My Current Big Board:

Obviously don’t need more than 7 picks. 

1) QB CJ Stroud

He’s the most polished QB with good size. He’s kind of an underwhelming #1 QB Prospect though, I don’t ever see him being Top 5 in the NFL. But he has good everything, and a great fit for McDaniels system.  From Carr to Rookie Stroud I don’t think we miss a beat. We are probably better. Which is rare for a rookie. 

2) QB Anthony Richardson

I love me superstar trait QB’s.. and Richardson is the holy grail of that. His traits exceed Trey Lance. They exceed Jordan Love. They exceed Josh Allen. They exceed Lamar Jackson. His tools and traits are otherworldly. When it comes to QB’s I don’t mind taking risks. Richardson could develop into god tier and be mentioned among names like Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen. Laser arm, instantly a Top 5-6 arm in the NFL. I think Allen’s arm is the best but after that I think Mahomes, Richardson, Herbert are in their own tier. He has Lamar’s mobility, and Cam Newton’s size. If you can build a QB in a lab, he’s the man. 

3) QB Bryce Young

High IQ, accurate, play extension master. He’d be a terrific fit in McDaniels system. I worry about his size. 5’10” is a little ridiculous. I prefer at least 6’1” but I would still gamble on Young for sure. 

4) EDGE Will Anderson Jr. 

Not much needed to be said. 

5) CB Christian Gonzalez

Absolute amazing CB prospect. This guy has it all. Speed, size, mirror in coverage, aggressive tackling CB. He’s the total package. 

6) DT Jalen Carter

I have Carter below Gonzalez due to the character stuff. I was debating taking Carter off the board, but he’s just too damn good. 

7) EDGE Tyree Wilson

Some love him, some hate him. I like him a lot and think he’s going to be a solid NFL player with crazy potential. 

Honorable Mention:

OT Broderick Jones

Really good OT prospect if we want to build a bully OL and one of the best lines in the league. 

Trade Down Target:

Trade down to 11-14 range

CB Joey Porter

Porter is my #2 CB in this class. 6’2”, 34” arms, 4.4 speed, covered some of the best WR’s in CFB. I would take him over Witherspoon in a heartbeat. His potential is sky high.. and he’s already pretty good. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1