The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They not passing on QB I don't care what nobody say, they have been building nicely, they have a ton of picks to keep adding players. You have a top 2 pick you take the shot on finding a franchise QB. They could even do it again next year with all the picks they have next year too. You can't go wrong being in position to take Young or Stroud.

I understand but There’s more to the story. If the Panthers select Young, Stroud has the same agent as Watson and apparently that relationship is not good with the Texans brass. That could lead them passing on Stroud

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I understand but There’s more to the story. If the Panthers select Young, Stroud has the same agent as Watson and apparently that relationship is not good with the Texans brass. That could lead them passing on Stroud

I think people are thinking too much into it. They are not gonna pass on Stroud just because they hate his agent. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Draft picks salaries are slotted so it's not going to be much negotiation to be done anyway.

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m with you… it’s just too much with Carter.  Your drafting him at 7 to be one of like 3 leaders on the field and off (not necessarily as a rookie)… I have no faith in that.  There are other options, he ain’t the only show in town.

Yea, Carter is the opposite of what theyve said theyre looking for. 7 is a huge pick for McZ, and should be a building block whichever way they decide to go. 

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Draft picks salaries are slotted so it's not going to be much negotiation to be done anyway.

Only concern I'd have in that situation is Stroud pulling an Eli and refusing to play for Houston at the behest of his agent (assuming they're that close). 

It's unlikely. But were it to happen, what would Houston's fall back plan even be? Sell him off to the highest bidder and hope they don't goof into a semi decent season? Hope that a team that took a different QB is willing to pull off the ol' switcheroo? 

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

If the Texans don’t take a QB they’re total idiots.  What would the plan be to tank another season… and hope they don’t blow it at the last game again?

Bryce Young is tiny. Richardson is risky too. Will Anderson could be a hall of famer. Wouldn’t surprise me if their coach would want to model his team like the 9ers. A defensive powerhouse

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

This I know, Raiders plan ito me s to stack defense by the look of the off season moves only if Stroud or Young fell would they be tempted to try and nab one of them.

This is what everything seems to be pointing to. Hard not to shake off the very Raiderlike feeling going into the draft that they’re gonna do something real stupid as it’s so ingrained in our psyche, but it does seem like the recent noise coming out, coupled with the Hoyer signing makes it less likely they’ll go QB at 7 and will only make moves if something unexpected happens.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bryce Young is tiny. Richardson is risky too. Will Anderson could be a hall of famer. Wouldn’t surprise me if their coach would want to model his team like the 9ers. A defensive powerhouse

Folks forget they also have 12, 33, 65, 73, 104, as top 150 picks this year and have 2 1sts and 2 4ths in 2024 as extra solid ammo 

They could conceivably draft Will Anderson and move right back up for a QB  and still have some extra juice left in the tank for supporting cast. 

Houston is in year 1 of a high profile hire after several years of instability and placeholders. They're not in a rush and don't need to be. By 2025, if they can draft, they could very very well rounded. 

If I were them, I'd simply go BPA all day long and let the chips fall where they may for the next 2 years, grabbing a fine QB prospect along the way isn't out of reach by doing so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Folks forget they also have 12, 33, 65, 73, 104, as top 150 picks this year and have 2 1sts and 2 4ths in 2024 as extra solid ammo 

They could conceivably draft Will Anderson and move right back up for a QB  and still have some extra juice left in the tank for supporting cast. 

Houston is in year 1 of a high profile hire after several years of instability and placeholders. They're not in a rush and don't need to be. By 2025, if they can draft, they could very very well rounded. 

If I were them, I'd simply go BPA all day long and let the chips fall where they may for the next 2 years, grabbing a fine QB prospect along the way isn't out of reach by doing so. 

Well it's possible but there is still a risk someone else moves to 3, I mean just take your QB at 2 and move back up for Anderson if that's the case.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well it's possible but there is still a risk someone else moves to 3, I mean just take your QB at 2 and move back up for Anderson if that's the case.

Fair. Either/Or. Really depends on just how much they love whichever QB is there at 2. 

I'd personally pass on Young for a different QB this year or next (or trade for one). But everyone has their preferences. 

Basically the only way Houston could go wrong is flat out reaching and ignoring positional needs. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Humble_Beast wrote:

F it. Trade the farm for AR-15. Bring the excitement