The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

How is my bias getting in the way because I flat out said I wouldn't take the guy, but your bias for preferring him isn't? It's all subject. He could start this year for a team and make Josh Rosen look like Dan Marino for all we know. 

I'm not high on Young either but all im saying is the smart thing for Houstan to do is take a QB while you in position to  do so with out giving up tons of pick. He could start for Houston and look like Dan Marino for all we know. At the end of the day Anderson is not going to be head and shoulders above some of the other Pass rushers in this draft. They may like Richardson anyway who knows but I wouldn't pass on QB at #2 when you clearly need one.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

starting defense post draft 

DE: Maxx, Foskey/Jones

DT: Nichols/Tillery, Farrell 

WLB/MLB/SLB: Williams, Sewell, Spillane

CB: Gonzalez, Hobbs

S: Moehrig, Epps, Battle 

I would really like that defense. 

Looks good but I'm not a huge Foskey fan. To me he's very raw. I prefer the auburn DE and a few others in that range. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Looks good but I'm not a huge Foskey fan. To me he's very raw. I prefer the auburn DE and a few others in that range. 

how you rank the 2nd round edge? I assume White, Van Ness, Nolan Smith are gone

Edited by Humble_Beast

Honestly I could see a trade up (stroud/young), or stay put (gonzalez/richardson/carter/anderson), or trading back (porter jr/levis/wilson/nolan smith/witherspoon) and that is my preferred options to me. Which means we are gonna get Njigba at 7 cause we need to get Jimbo Slice some more weapons.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Foskey has everything you need size, length, explosiveness, power strength, active hands, and a red hot motor

3rd Round Pick

Hunter Renfrow

2024 1st

for

DeAndre Hopkins

Lineup:

QB Jimmy G. 

QB after Jimmy’s Week 8 ACL Tear: Anthony Richardson or Bryce Young

RB Josh Jacobs

WR Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Jakobi Meyers

TE Austin Hooper and some Rookie (loaded TE class) 

That offense is Top 6 in the NFL at least…….

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1