• Mavs in 5
    • Mavs in 6
    • Mavs in 7
    • GSW in 4
    • GSW in 5
    • GSW in 6
    • GSW in 7

Warriors 1-3 vs the Mavs in the regular season. 3 of them without Draymond

Warriors couldn’t have asked for a better match up. A team that wants to play small. Warriors have multiple players they can throw at Luka. Wiggins,Klay,Draymond,Kuminga,Andre and Otto. You’re not shutting Luka down your best plan of attack is just throw so many defenders at him to give him different looks. Mike Brown who’s been handling the defense has been very creative with his defense all year and I expect to see a variety of defenses. Little zone little box and 1 so double teams. 

Mavs are riding high but the Warriors are not the Suns. I expect the Warriors to focus up and take care of business in 6. 

Fun fact that the Warriors were 1-3 against the Nuggets and 1-3 against Memphis to go along 1-3 against the Mavs during the season… 

Cautiously optimistic for Dallas. They match up way better with GS than they did with Phoenix, and they'll probably have the best player in the series. We'll see though. Golden State is a great team.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cautiously optimistic for Dallas. They match up way better with GS than they did with Phoenix, and they'll probably have the best player in the series. We'll see though. Golden State is a great team.

With how Steph has played for the last several months, Dallas 1000% has the best player in the series. Warriors probably have 2-4 or 5 though.

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

With how Steph has played for the last several months, Dallas 1000% has the best player in the series. Warriors probably have 2-4 or 5 though.

So did Phoenix, with better defensive wings, and a true big to punish them for playing small ball. That's not the case this time around. But Steph and Draymond are much tougher mentally than CP3/Book so we'll see.

24 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So did Phoenix, with better defensive wings, and a true big to punish them for playing small ball. That's not the case this time around. But Steph and Draymond are much tougher mentally than CP3/Book so we'll see.

Yeah, I think the Mavs match up better with GSW than they did with Phoenix. You also have the kind of perimeter defenders you need in order to chase down Steph, Poole, and Klay all game. I do have GSW winning due to their veteran and championship experience, this feels like the first run for Luka and the Mavs and they'll be back here many times as long as they have Luka, but I would be less surprised about the Mavs winning this series than I was Phoenix. 

Analytics sites and projections are actually favoring the Mavs in the series, but I do think that those obviously can't measure championship experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Luka/Steph

Dray

Klay

Wiggins

Poole

The trouble is any of Steph/Klay/Poole can match Lukas production on any given night.

Dubs in 6, with Luka shooting 20 FTs a game