Luke Getsy's Running and Passing Schemes

BeaReylo

48 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's all absolutely disgusting. Pretty much all of us were bashing him for forcing Tru into a pocket QB. Over 4-6 years he should learn have developed enough that it becomes more of a constant threat than a crutch but AS he is developing? While he was already raw?

Now I know you can't do only rollouts but with Fields' athleticism (hell Tru's athleticism too) you should be doing 10-15 rollouts per game. Even when handing off the ball they should be running out to try and get the EMLOS to hesitate just even a second. With Tru you had a serious enough running threat that he could easily pop off a 15-20 yard run if he had a lane, but with Fields you're going to need a DB taking a damn good angle to chase if he gets room. Why the hell wouldn't a coach want to take advantage of that tool?

Not using their athleticism would be as stupid as trying to run BAL's offense with Brady at the helm. Use what you have!

Nagy was like the Hollywood football coach.   The key is the playbook.  

In movies a playbook is a deep secret and if you obtain a good one you can win.

In football reality coaches have always shared schemes and even taught each other in offseason.   It is tradition.   There are clinics they all attend at every level.  Even as a youth coach college and HS coaches would sit with me and teach me whatever if they weren’t busy.  They just loved talking football.  

It is teaching, execution and game planning that separates good coaches from bad.  

Plays are way down the list.  Most everyone uses several of same exact plays.  And they even will copy each other week to week as variations come on board. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nagy was like the Hollywood football coach.   The key is the playbook.  

In movies a playbook is a deep secret and if you obtain a good one you can win.

In football reality coaches have always shared schemes and even taught each other in offseason.   It is tradition.   There are clinics they all attend at every level.  Even as a youth coach college and HS coaches would sit with me and teach me whatever if they weren’t busy.  They just loved talking football.  

It is teaching, execution and game planning that separates good coaches from bad.  

Plays are way down the list.  Most everyone uses several of same exact plays.  And they even will copy each other week to week as variations come on board. 

This is why I say coaching matters in the NFL. At the end of the day -- of course -- it's about having talented players; but if you surround them with poor coaching your results will suffer.

It's like being an artist... most everyone on the planet can paint, but only a handful are able to produce something so beautiful it would be sold for $100,000.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That volume of inside zone is why I wouldn’t rule out Teven Jenkins playing some guard this year if Jones shows anything at LT once the pads go on.

Agreed. I don’t care where he plays so long as he’s effective there. 

• Like 1

Take this with a grain of salt, but my friend was at Maple and Ash this past week and met Luke and other offensive coaches. He said he sounded like a moron as he was overhearing the conversation. They eventually met and verbatim Luke said "we'll suck this year, but next year we'll be good."

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

For your teams sake, hopefully the offense is more vertical than horizontal like it was with Trubisky.

Depends if he relies on curls, outs, and drags as much as Nagy did.

The bar from Nagy is low to beat but until we actually see Getsy step over it... Lol 

• Like 1