2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love to know the rational behind the extra 5 games? I would also love to know where that $5 million is going? Personally I would still liked to have seen a full season ban...if they were going to do it do it right.

For the NFL Watson won't take it to court and keep the story in the headlines for Watson it's not a full season.  Never over think it with the NFL.

Watching Jax v Pit and Tru looked decent, he and Lawrence both flashed AND missed a few gimmies. Pederson has a complex offense and I think Lawrence is thinking a bit too much. He did recognize Cover 2 really quick and scrambled for a 1st pretty easily.  Kirk has wheels, S seemed to shade at him pretty regularly. 

Tru showed better pocket awareness and his legs saved 2 or 3 sacks. James Daniels was the worst starting OL on either team. Pickens, Johnson and Claypool is a damn good WR corps but the OL looks worse than ours and no real RBs of note. 89 for the Steelers made several great moves on a sweep and then fumbled. Watt is still a bad man. His rip move is so clean and violent sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Watching Jax v Pit and Tru looked decent, he and Lawrence both flashed AND missed a few gimmies. Pederson has a complex offense and I think Lawrence is thinking a bit too much. He did recognize Cover 2 really quick and scrambled for a 1st pretty easily.  Kirk has wheels, S seemed to shade at him pretty regularly. 

Tru showed better pocket awareness and his legs saved 2 or 3 sacks. James Daniels was the worst starting OL on either team. Pickens, Johnson and Claypool is a damn good WR corps but the OL looks worse than ours and no real RBs of note. 89 for the Steelers made several great moves on a sweep and then fumbled. Watt is still a bad man. His rip move is so clean and violent sometimes. 

They still have Najee Harris, so I would venture to say their RB situation is fine.

• Like 1

This along with the fact Braxton Jones looks like he can be a starter in year one (and Trey Smith & Creed Humphrey both being studs) it is clear to see Poles really understands OL play...if he also gets something out of Jenkins this season and drafts well next we could have a proper OL for the first time since 2006 with the likes of John Tait, Ruben Brown & Olin Kreutz.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

This along with the fact Braxton Jones looks like he can be a starter in year one (and Trey Smith & Creed Humphrey both being studs) it is clear to see Poles really understands OL play...if he also gets something out of Jenkins this season and drafts well next we could have a proper OL for the first time since 2006 with the likes of John Tait, Ruben Brown & Olin Kreutz.

I’ll be curious to see what comes of Whitehair after this year if he has a solid year in 2022. He’ll be 31 next season so a long term replacement will be needed for him in any scenario, but while he has a $14M cap hit for 2023 he also carries $8M in dead cap if released. If he’s solid or better this year it wouldn’t shock me to see him play out 2023 as well. We can afford to absorb that dead cap with our 2023 cap situation if need be but it’d be nice to have a situation where we don’t have to replace him next year, even if it’s just for one more year.

Ideally in 2023 he or Patrick are your worst OL while still being adequate starters, and not the positions where you see the most stability. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’ll be curious to see what comes of Whitehair after this year if he has a solid year in 2022. He’ll be 31 next season so a long term replacement will be needed for him in any scenario, but while he has a $14M cap hit for 2023 he also carries $8M in dead cap if released. If he’s solid or better this year it wouldn’t shock me to see him play out 2023 as well. We can afford to absorb that dead cap with our 2023 cap situation if need be but it’d be nice to have a situation where we don’t have to replace him next year, even if it’s just for one more year.

Ideally in 2023 he or Patrick are your worst OL while still being adequate starters, and not the positions where you see the most stability. 

I agree that we could see Whitehair finish out the next two year at LG in this scheme...playing in power schemes never fit him but this scheme let's him play to his strength and while we don't need the money right now he could stick around for that long...

I also believe our next starting LG is on the roster in Zach Thomas...GB have done an excellent job over the years of developing mid round OL into starting calibre players and Thomas has all those same traits...give him a year or two to really learn the position and work on his technique and I think he is the guy.

As much as it is crazy to be thinking about next years free agency and a lot will change between now and then in terms of guys being released for cap reasons I am really struggling to see where you efficiently spend $100 million in cap space next year...class isn't good at all right now...hopefully Poles is true to his word and is selective and doesn't waste money...

Also calling it now...Rock Ya-Sin is a 2023 Bear...also reckon Jerry Tillery will be high on the wish list to fill that UT spot given Flus had DeForest Buckner in Indy...

Also had a look at the draft class and it is another one where top end talent isn't great but the depth at some positions is exceptional...WR, DL & DB especially.