2022 Around league

dll2000

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He could have been the physical receiver we clearly need…that said I would like to know what the compensation looks like.

Me too. I’ve always looked at Shenault like a slower Cordarelle Patterson, but with more natural receiving skills. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I bet SEA to have the worst record in the league at halftime of our preseason game with them. They look terrible. 

Yeah they would be my odds on favourite to be picking #1 next year…gives them a chance to get a new QB & young coach in at the same time…

Looking at what Jimmy G agreed too in order to stay it is clear he still believes he can be the starter there…and the fact the 9ers wanted him to stay says they aren’t sold on Lance at all.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Seahawks fans…it is going to be a long *** season 😂

Oh boy, what does this say about Lance?  And what does this mean for Jimmy and the team?  Unless this was done to make it easier to move him, they have spent all spring and summer telling everyone, this is Lance's team, Jimmy stay away so we don't confuse the guys bc this is Trey's team.  You can't go into week 1 with Lance starting and Jimmy as the backup w/o putting ALL the pressure on Lance.  And if you start JG you are starting him w/exactly 0 off season snaps, including practice.  The 9ers are an absolute disaster right now.

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Oh boy, what does this say about Lance?  And what does this mean for Jimmy and the team?  Unless this was done to make it easier to move him, they have spent all spring and summer telling everyone, this is Lance's team, Jimmy stay away so we don't confuse the guys bc this is Trey's team.  You can't go into week 1 with Lance starting and Jimmy as the backup w/o putting ALL the pressure on Lance.  And if you start JG you are starting him w/exactly 0 off season snaps, including practice.  The 9ers are an absolute disaster right now.

This is an outstanding development for our week 1 game lol. 

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I bet SEA to have the worst record in the league at halftime of our preseason game with them. They look terrible. 

Yeah I was absolutely baffled when Metcalf resigned there.... Russ gone, and he was the poster covering up a lot of gaping holes on that roster. I feel like the latest GM of the packers, (to his credit) has been drafting specifically with the intention of rebuilding for when rodgers bails and they're a garbage team with Love under center, so they don't turn into what the seahawks are this year.

Edited by Epyon

O.J. Howard and Josh Gordon getting released today.

There were a lot of people on this forum that suggested that we look into them over the last few seasons. It's funny how hard it is for players to turn things around regardless of talent once things start going in the wrong direction for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

O.J. Howard and Josh Gordon getting released today.

There were a lot of people on this forum that suggested that we look into them over the last few seasons. It's funny how hard it is for players to turn things around regardless of talent once things start going in the wrong direction for them.

The Howard release is more surprising to me given that like 90% of his $3.5M deal was fully guaranteed. Gordon on the other hand has had one solid season (720 yards) in the past 9 years. Some of that is obviously not football related, but that ship has long since sailed. 

OJ Howard was never that good in NFL for whatever reason.

But because everyone confidently declared in draft that he was going to be a perennial all-pro it is just now starting to sink in.

People don't like to come off strongly stated opinions or their own narrative.

• Like 1

I didn't like tape I watched of Braxton Jones day of draft all that much.   

I was obviously wrong.  It happens.

I am not going to spend next 3 years pointing out every sack he gives up to try to prove an old, incorrect opinion right.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't like tape I watched of Braxton Jones day of draft all that much.   

I was obviously wrong.  It happens.

I am not going to spend next 3 years pointing out every sack he gives up to try to prove an old, incorrect opinion right.

To be fair, no player should be held to that type of standard. Every player is going to make mistakes. 

The hype on Howard was understandable - as a prospect he had nearly Kyle Pitts-like measurables and was coming off a HUGE final season (43/770/12 in 8 games) after a strong prior year (54/649/5 in 12 games). Aaron Curry was supposed to be a sure thing star LB too and he was out of the league in 5 years with zero accolades. Sometimes it just doesn’t translate.