2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah the days of Rodgers getting a huge trade return have likely passed.

My guess is he retires after this season.  A lot of fans have soured on him and that has to take a lot of fun out of it.

Methinks he would be happier hosting Jeopardy and/or doing a podcast.

If he retires after the year, Green Bay's cap situation would be a sight to behold

• Like 2

Was watching the Bucs - Ravens game last night and it is clear the Bucs are going to have to rip things up next season given their play right now and the cap issues they have moving forward…thought how great would it be to draft our young guys this year then make a big splash and trade a 2024 pick to get Mike Evans for the last few years of his career to give Fields a stud wideout and speed up his learning process…went to look at Evans…that dude is still only 29 years old…how the hell is he so young? It feels like he has been around forever 😂

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Was watching the Bucs - Ravens game last night and it is clear the Bucs are going to have to rip things up next season given their play right now and the cap issues they have moving forward…thought how great would it be to draft our young guys this year then make a big splash and trade a 2024 pick to get Mike Evans for the last few years of his career to give Fields a stud wideout and speed up his learning process…went to look at Evans…that dude is still only 29 years old…how the hell is he so young? It feels like he has been around forever 😂

I could easily see them starting a full rebuild

• Like 1

Word is Jerry Jeudy may be on the block in Denver. Would you flip a mid-round pick for him, especially now that we have an extra one after trading Quinn? I sure would. He has been up and down but he’s also still just 23 years old, and his up and down has averaged 51 ypg and 15.0 ypc across 3 seasons with suspect at best QB play. $4.8M cap hit next year and a 5th year option we’d surely exercise if we trade for him for 2024. We’re not getting near that value on a FA WR of his caliber this offseason, and that’s before you consider the substantial upside still there.

If we could land Jeudy for a 2023 3rd plus a conditional 2024 pick I think we should do it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Word is Jerry Jeudy may be on the block in Denver. Would you flip a mid-round pick for him, especially now that we have an extra one after trading Quinn? I sure would. He has been up and down but he’s also still just 23 years old, and his up and down has averaged 51 ypg and 15.0 ypc across 3 seasons with suspect at best QB play. $4.8M cap hit next year and a 5th year option we’d surely exercise if we trade for him for 2024. We’re not getting near that value on a FA WR of his caliber this offseason, and that’s before you consider the substantial upside still there.

If we could land Jeudy for a 2023 3rd plus a conditional 2024 pick I think we should do it. 

Jeudy and Ridley would be two people I'd reach out for immediately. Hell, even if I get one I'll reach out about the other. lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Would you flip a mid-round pick for him

No hesitation. The other guys have probably just set my bar really low but he’s leaps and bounds better potential wise than anyone we have not named Mooney. 

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Jeudy and Ridley would be two people I'd reach out for immediately. Hell, even if I get one I'll reach out about the other. lol

Mooney - Ridley - Jeudy sounds pretty great to me. 

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I too am surprised he’s only 29 but until looking it up, I thought he was in the 2013 draft. I’ve always liked him but don’t know if fading out here makes sense. He’d end his career a non contender, mentor, a confidence injection for Fields development. He’s still good enough to start for any contending team. Made me look up Muhsin Muhammad, who we signed right when I got into football. The Bears were totally incapable of having 1k receivers so this was a pivotal move for me then. It’s no wonder he sucked, he was almost in his mid 30’s at that point lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Word is Jerry Jeudy may be on the block in Denver. Would you flip a mid-round pick for him, especially now that we have an extra one after trading Quinn? I sure would. He has been up and down but he’s also still just 23 years old, and his up and down has averaged 51 ypg and 15.0 ypc across 3 seasons with suspect at best QB play.

Jeudy has some issues (e.g. drops) but he's the type of receiver the Bears should aggressively pursue.

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yes, but allegedly Denver is asking for muuuch more than a mid round pick

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes, but allegedly Denver is asking for muuuch more than a mid round pick

Yeah I saw potentially a 2nd when i looked up for the mock. No way he warrants that. Claypool was up there too but has at least been proven to be more effective. 

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yeah I saw potentially a 2nd when i looked up for the mock. No way he warrants that. Claypool was up there too but has at least been proven to be more effective. 

Why are you guy’s surprised by this? We just got a 4th for Robert Quinn. You think a young and currently cost affordable WR is going to go for the same return?

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Who said they're surprised?

I has been suggested trading a 4th for both of these guys. And now saying so way they’d pay a 2nd for them? 

That’s easily what the asking price for both would be. Neither team needs to get rid of them at this point