2022 Around league

dll2000

16 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not only is there a huge difference in what I’d do between pick 2 or pick 3/4, but where everyone else ends up has a big impact too because I don’t wouldn’t want us to trade down too far either. I’d still want us picking in the top 10 for sure unless we trade down twice (not opposed, especially if both moves met us a future 1).

Here’s a trade down scenario I’m brainstorming right now with the use of the PFN draft simulator through my food coma from where things currently sit:

Pre-draft we trade with Houston: 1(3) for 1(7), 2(32) and one of their 2024 1s (they have both Cleveland’s and their own). HOU takes their choice of QB at 1 and probably their choice of Anderson/Carter at 3.

We then trade 1(7) and our 2024 3rd to IND for 1(14), 2(45) and their 2024 1st. That leaves us with:

1(14) Quentin Johnston

2(32) Siaki Ika

2(45) O'Cyrus Torrence

2(59) Noah Sewell

3(66) Zach Harrison

4(101)

4(131)

5(134)

5(156)

7(198)

We’d have plenty of ammo to make a big move trade-wise for an established impact player now, and if not a trade we have 5 picks in the top 66 and three 1s next year (no 3rd).

THAT, plus $100M+ in cap space, is a recipe for a rebuild. 

🤤

Edited by beardown3231

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Take the current draft order and just swap our draft position with CAR so we’re 2nd and they’re 3rd. Going back to the Colts (picking 14th), they probably don’t have the draft capital to jump to our pick (14/45/81 this year plus future picks). BUT, what if they offered us something like 14 plus DeForest Buckner (29 next year; $0 in dead cap for them to move post-2022) and Michael Pittman? If you’re the Bears, you can’t turn that down, right? Would they be desperate enough for a QB to make a move like that? Maybe.

This has me thinking about other teams that may want to make such a trade. WAS has Jonathan Allen and may be willing to deal him for that kind of trade up. I'm sure they would rather deal Chase Young with his injury issues and having significantly less dead cap to eat in the 2023 trade. Plus with Payne likely leaving this wouldn't open up the interior entirely. 

Switch this year's firsts, we get one of the WAS DL, and their 2nd in 2024. We miss out on a 2024 1st but get someone who will be better than what I'd realistically hope for in the draft anyway. Of course this would be dependent on Young's knee being healthy but remember Rivera was open to trading him BEFORE the injury if he was going to get a QB. Still have the fifth year option for Young too I believe. 

Another super intriguing situation in this hypothetical (us 2, CAR 3) is, how much would CAR be willing to trade to move up 1 spot and keep us from selling the pick to the highest bidder to jump them for QB2? You’d have to throw the pick value formula out of the equation, right? How much would it take from CAR to not trade down for (probably) multiple 1sts and then some? Would they trade this and next year’s 2 to move up 1 spot? Would that be enough for Poles for us to not take a more lucrative offer to go down a few more picks? Would Poles move from 2 to 3 for DJ Moore instead of to 6 or 7 for multiple #1 picks?

Trade chart gets thrown out the door for potential franchise QBs. Poles should be able to hustle them but with Moore having a $14.625 mil dead cap for trading next year they may not want to do more than the 1st and him. With CMC gone their roster just doesn't have a lot to love either. Moore is good but IDK, 3 straight years of catching under 60% of the throws his way makes me a bit nervous to take on a top 10 AAV contract. I may be overthinking though. 

That being said if you go from 2 to 3, I'm still fielding calls.  

Would CAR move Moore to lock in an elite QB prospect? Maybe. Moore is an established stud, and a draft pick is still an unknown you’d only hope to be as good a player as Moore. Plus, in a move from 2 to 3 for a stud player, you still get Anderson or Carter at 3 too (or can trade down again for more).

This draft season has the potential to be the most fascinating draft maybe ever if we end up picking high enough. 

I've been scribbling this crap for over an hour. lol   

I think they know even if they get the QB their roster is bad, so now Marvin Harrison Jr may be on the table for them in 2024. For the Bears to get Moore AND  Anderson or Carter though, its damn hard to better that deal. 

HOU also might want to use CLE's pick to try and draft Fashanu or someone to protect their new QB. Tunsil only has one more year in his deal so they may have to replace him in 2024 anyway. I'd LOVE to trade 1(3) for 1(7) and Tunsil. 

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not only is there a huge difference in what I’d do between pick 2 or pick 3/4, but where everyone else ends up has a big impact too because I don’t wouldn’t want us to trade down too far either. I’d still want us picking in the top 10 for sure unless we trade down twice (not opposed, especially if both moves met us a future 1).

Same, there are a few players that I would target, to get me out of the top 10 would require a hefty sum and at least 2 trades. Or getting that first, 2024's AND a stud player (like with Buckner).

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Here’s a trade down scenario I’m brainstorming right now with the use of the PFN draft simulator through my food coma from where things currently sit:

Pre-draft we trade with Houston: 1(3) for 1(7), 2(32) and one of their 2024 1s (they have both Cleveland’s and their own). HOU takes their choice of QB at 1 and probably their choice of Anderson/Carter at 3.

We then trade 1(7) and our 2024 3rd to IND for 1(14), 2(45) and their 2024 1st. That leaves us with:

1(14) 2(32) 2(45) 2(59) 3(66) 4(101) 4(131) 5(134) 5(156) 7(198)

We’d have plenty of ammo to make a big move trade-wise for an established impact player now, and if not a trade we have 5 picks in the top 66 and three 1s next year (no 3rd).

The flexibility for 2024 is something I REALLY want. Lets say we invest all around Fields and he regresses, then we have the ammo to move up for another QB, especially since I think HOU is a top 5 pick and top 10 at worst (assuming we go after their 1st in 2024) and IND likely is going to have a pick in the top 10-15 range too.

If Mooney wants $20 mil per year then he can walk and we have the resources to go after a WR or if whatever positions they see need shored up after the 2023 season. 

19 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

1(14)

2(32)

2(45)

2(59)

3(66)

4(101)

4(131)

5(134)

5(156)

7(198)

Seattle are the team who really interest me...Geno Smith has been excellent this season, but his past performances point to a guy who isn't going to keep it going long term...they have the ammo to get their future QB this season and Stroud could be a fit...going off the old trade value chart...

#2 (2600)

For

#5 (1700)

#21 (800)

#52 (380)

We could need to throw something in later but this deal would allow us to still draft Fashanu or Murphy as well as adding a later 1st round pick to then go after a pass rusher or OL/WR.

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bet Russell can't wait for Frank Reich to get there and try and fix all this because right now I suspect some of his he is about to get jumped by the locker room hahaha

If Reich gets that job, they might as well hold their practices at a church

Edited by beardown3231

On 11/25/2022 at 5:46 PM, Madmike90 said:

Seattle are the team who really interest me...Geno Smith has been excellent this season, but his past performances point to a guy who isn't going to keep it going long term...they have the ammo to get their future QB this season and Stroud could be a fit...going off the old trade value chart...

#2 (2600)

For

#5 (1700)

#21 (800)

#52 (380)

We could need to throw something in later but this deal would allow us to still draft Fashanu or Murphy as well as adding a later 1st round pick to then go after a pass rusher or OL/WR.

I mentioned something like this the other day without the specifics. If Geno's final handful of games are his typical self, Seattle could want Stroud

Ideally though they stay in the top 4. I'd love Anderson or Carter

Edited by beardown3231

A massively underrated pass rusher who is a free agent this offseason is 49ers DE Charles Omenihu...6-6" 280lbs with 36" arms he wins on the outside and when lined up inside because of that length and the fact he plays with power & leverage despite his height...if this D is about to be built the way I suspect it is...big athletes with length & measurables...then Omenihu would be a great fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

A massively underrated pass rusher who is a free agent this offseason is 49ers DE Charles Omenihu...6-6" 280lbs with 36" arms he wins on the outside and when lined up inside because of that length and the fact he plays with power & leverage despite his height...if this D is about to be built the way I suspect it is...big athletes with length & measurables...then Omenihu would be a great fit.

100% agree. He is going to be high on Poles' list with his length and athleticism

On 11/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, Madmike90 said:

#2 (2600)

For

#5 (1700)

#21 (800)

#52 (380)

yeah i would do that. I also would have no problem making a trade with DET for their 2 firsts plus whatever

like most people, i would LOVE to get carter or anderson, but being able to get a guy like murphy, plus 2 more roughly top 50 picks would be huge. 

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

yeah i would do that. I also would have no problem making a trade with DET for their 2 firsts plus whatever

like most people, i would LOVE to get carter or anderson, but being able to get a guy like murphy, plus 2 more roughly top 50 picks would be huge. 

The ideal situation would be everything stays exactly how it is...us at #2 with Detroit at #3 & Seattle at #4...forced Detroit's hand to give up a lot just to stop us trading the pick to Seattle...much like we went through in moving up one spot to get Trubisky...getting more picks and still being able to pick between Carter or Anderson would be pretty insane.

18 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Hey guys I’m starting to think they may have messed up by not drafting George Pickens at either of the two opportunities they had to take him in last years draft.

I wanted him also, but I think a good amount of us would be complaining about him not producing on the Bears also. They are way too talent void to make many conclusions one way or the other, hopefully next season that starts to change.