Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is such a weird place. I freaking love it.

Me: "Willing to trade an early future pick for a late pick this year and an even later pick next year."

Others: "That later pick next year is a double pick. Those are valuable."

Me: "I see. Alright. Willing to trade a double pick this year to move up."

Others: "Eww. Why would we want double picks?"

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Me: "Willing to trade an early future pick for a late pick this year and an even later pick next year."

You are basically asking someone to move back about 150 picks this year to get a small bump next season.

Maybe if it was an early 11th rounder it would be worth it but once double picks start those players fly off the board. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You are basically asking someone to move back about 150 picks this year to get a small bump next season.

Maybe if it was an early 11th rounder it would be worth it but once double picks start those players fly off the board. 

In fairness to the conversation, those were two separate trades. One was a S25 3rd for a S24 7th/8th and a S25 11th. That proposal was shat upon, mainly because of the value that the S25 11th holds.

The second: my 13th for an upcoming pick (late 8th/9th). That proposal, too, has been shat upon: no counter-offer, no negotiation.

In summary: double-picks are so valuable that a future 3rd isn't close in value to a current 7th/8th and future 11th, but are nowhere near valuable enough - or even worth negotiating over - a move up a few rounds in the current draft.

I'm just over here trying to do something ineffective.

Just now, SirA1 said:

It's mostly just at this point in the draft people are dialed in on guys they want. I've got my picks selected through round 15 and may only end up losing 4-5 of them I think.

I've mapped out through my last pick in round 17. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It's mostly just at this point in the draft people are dialed in on guys they want. I've got my picks selected through round 15 and may only end up losing 4-5 of them I think.

Absolutely. That makes perfect sense, and is the reason why I likely wouldn't want to move down right now either. If that's the rationale, I get it. The "double pick value" conversation was silly, imo.

57 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm drunk

What is the trade in question?

I might just do it  because I can

37 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In fairness to the conversation, those were two separate trades. One was a S25 3rd for a S24 7th/8th and a S25 11th. That proposal was shat upon, mainly because of the value that the S25 11th holds.

The second: my 13th for an upcoming pick (late 8th/9th). That proposal, too, has been shat upon: no counter-offer, no negotiation.

In summary: double-picks are so valuable that a future 3rd isn't close in value to a current 7th/8th and future 11th, but are nowhere near valuable enough - or even worth negotiating over - a move up a few rounds in the current draft.

I'm just over here trying to do something ineffective.

the difference between 11th and 13th is big

since its double picks, its more like a 4 round difference than a 2 round difference

• Like 1