Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Sure situationally unaffected play.  So why am I running the ball with 2:30 or less left and losing (happened numerous times over the season).  Those should be all passes not all runs, yet passes didn't happen. 

That has happened to end the game as well which 100% should be all pass 

No no no...20 yards to win the game your backup RB must take a 1 yd run to run the clock out on yourself...games are predetermined by QB skill remember :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Its all just odd to me how the sliders seem to be irrelevant at times when looking at the statistics.  

Maybe coaching, player personnel and skill level are more deterministic than the sliders

Thats my thought. Good passing QB you get closer to the run %. Dominate RB1 you get closer to your RB1 chance

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Sure situationally unaffected play.  So why am I running the ball with 2:30 or less left and losing (happened numerous times over the season).  Those should be all passes not all runs, yet passes didn't happen. 

That has happened to end the game as well which 100% should be all pass 

Don't get me wrong: I agree completely. I made these exact arguments during S22 and S23. It's a large part of the reason why I was willing to move on from Rodgers: you will run the ball, even with a deficit in clear passing situations. It's the Thanos of NSFL. It's inevitable.

This happened Week 14:

Possession now belongs to the Pittston Waste Walruses.
Current score is Pittston Waste Walruses 26, Freiburg Venom 28.

[Sweet. Just gotta get into field goal range.]

Q4, 2:16, 1st & 10 on the PIT 20: Kyler Murray throws incomplete short. Devin McCourty on the coverage.

[Eh. Happens. Stopped the clock at least.]

Q4, 2:07, 2nd & 10 on the PIT 20: Aaron Jones rushes to the outside for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Jarran Reed.

[Mmmmk. I love me some Aaron Jones, and the guy has literally carried the team, so I can't be too mad. Big 3rd down.]

Q4, 2:00, 3rd & 6 on the PIT 24: Todd Gurley rushes up the middle and stuffed for no gain. Tackle made by Derrick Brown.

[... what? Up the middle on 3rd down after the 2 minute warning with my RB2? Do I need to start throwing things around the room?]

Q4, 1:41, 4th & 6 on the PIT 24: Todd Gurley rushes to the outside for a gain of 6 yards. Tackle made by Melvin Ingram.

[WE RAN IT AGAIN?! Billiam Belichick thought that running - again - with our lesser RB on 4th down was the best move in that situation? Now, it panned out, but just barely, and imagine how devastating it would've been if Gurley came up short.]

Yes, Kyler Murray then had the ball in his hands for the next 5 plays and we managed to kick a FG on that drive, but that sequence was brutal. It worked, thank RNJesus, but still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Standings

Cheesy Conference

Red Division

1. Reykjavík Direwolves (11-4) xy
  2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (8-7)
  3. Burlington Sock Puppets (8-7)
  4. Hanoi Viet Kongs (7-8) e
  5. Lancaster Fighting Amish (4-11) e

Blue Division

1. Little Rock Uni Royals (10-4-1) xy
  2. Tokyo Samurai (9-6) x
  3. Tacoma Thunder (6-9) e
  4. Bowling Green Bighorns (5-10) e
  5. Anchorage Ukpiks (5-10) e

x - Clinched playoff berth.
y - Clinched division.
z - Clinched homefield advantage.
e - Eliminated from playoff contention.

WEEK 16 (Sat, August 13)
Richmond Flying Squirrels @ Pittston Waste Walruses
Greenland Polar Bears @ Phoenix Rattlers
Freiburg Venom @ New Zealand Blobfish
Indianapolis Predators @ Egypt Starfalls
Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Burlington Sock Puppets
Lancaster Fighting Amish @ Hanoi Viet Kongs
Tacoma Thunder @ Bowling Green Bighorns
Anchorage Ukpiks @ Tokyo Samurai
Scranton Papermakers @ Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
Reykjavík Direwolves @ Little Rock Uni Royals

Game of the week?

Psh. Reykjavik @ Little Rock for XYZ BAYBEEE

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

There is a reason I want 30% run or as close to it as I can get.  But when I'm getting around 50% run something seems to be up.  So whatever I need to do id like to know bc I want as little passing as possible bc the running kills drives in the sim for my team.  

John C Reilly Seriously GIF

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

liar-maury.gif

28 passes 
31 carries 

Thats 53% run

You didn't count the 3 times you got sacked - the Game Stats literally tells you what the Run Ratio of each team was:

GRE Stats:
Yards: 329
Passing: 183, Avg: 5.90
Rushing: 146, Avg: 4.71
Rush %: 50.00%
Touchdown: 3 (Pass: 2, Rush: 1)
Field Goal: 2
3rd Down: 4/12 (33.33%)
Punts: 6

Sacks: 1
Interceptions: 0
Forced Fumbles: 2
Recovered: 1
Safeties: 0
Defensive TDs: 0

2 Pt Conv: 1/1 (100.00%)
Possession Time: 41.89%

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Werk 14: 47%
Week 13: 35%
Week 12: 47%
Week 11: 48%

Sacks are an attempted pass play. So are QB scrambles, usually (although they do count statistically as a run).

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Its all just odd to me how the sliders seem to be irrelevant at times when looking at the statistics.  

Maybe coaching, player personnel and skill level are more deterministic than the sliders

I mean, you've had the Run Chance at, or close to, the minimum all season along and have the most pass-heavy split of any team in the league, so I wouldn't say its irrelevant.

• Like 1