Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You pick before me even if you don't trade up. lol

yea but I wanna ensure I am the one who wrecks it, not some other pleb

Public note:

Seasonal stats may give hints to sim attributes but like anything else, is subject to quite a bit of expected deviation. Some positions are also way easier to see impact... pass rushers and skill position players for instance. Meanwhile, OL stats vary wildly because "credit" for negative plays is open to a lot of things that really isn't that player's fault (and that player playing well isn't taken into account much... pancakes need to be redone). Secondary is also hard to gauge from stats alone - ball hawks can get a lot of turnovers, but often a CB doing his job and locking down receivers won't have a flashy statline.

Sometimes, team stats can give better insight to how your players are performing than their individual statline... if your QB isn't getting sacked much and the running game is strong, your OL is probably performing well even if they aren't getting several pancakes a game. Meanwhile, if your defensive passing efficiency stats are good, your DBs are probably fine. That said, team stats can be dragged down oftentimes by the worst player in the unit, and are heavily dependent on the quality of your opponents (and of course, RNG).

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Public note:

Seasonal stats may give hints to sim attributes but like anything else, is subject to quite a bit of expected deviation. Some positions are also way easier to see impact... pass rushers and skill position players for instance. Meanwhile, OL stats vary wildly because "credit" for negative plays is open to a lot of things that really isn't that player's fault (and that player playing well isn't taken into account much... pancakes need to be redone). Secondary is also hard to gauge from stats alone - ball hawks can get a lot of turnovers, but often a CB doing his job and locking down receivers won't have a flashy statline.

Sometimes, team stats can give better insight to how your players are performing than their individual statline... if your QB isn't getting sacked much and the running game is strong, your OL is probably performing well even if they aren't getting several pancakes a game. Meanwhile, if your defensive passing efficiency stats are good, your DBs are probably fine. That said, team stats can be dragged down oftentimes by the worst player in the unit, and are heavily dependent on the quality of your opponents (and of course, RNG).

Who is this guy

45 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Love the value of Armstead in the 3rd with all those OT's going round 1. It would've been hard to not bring him back had he been available later this round. 

I had a 1st round grade on Terron. It was Campbell, Terron and Rashon Gary I wanted in the 1st. Campbell I passed due to age and I tend not to pick tackles in the first. Still landed all 3. Love me a rookie draft

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

I had a 1st round grade on Terron. It was Campbell, Terron and Rashon Gary I wanted in the 1st. Campbell I passed due to age and I tend not to pick tackles in the first. Still landed all 3. Love me a rookie draft

I had a first round grade on Walker, Hamilton and Hargrave and got them all. Love a rookie draft

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I had a first round grade on Walker, Hamilton and Hargrave and got them all. Love a rookie draft

Due to starting the draft with three 3rd round picks, I put first round grades on roughly 100 players this year. Had I not traded down, I would've cleaned up in the 3rd round. #drafter

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Thanks.  I'm just trying to figure out how guys like Slater and Lattimore who were great in real life were at the very bottom of the positional rankings from s23.  

Chris Lindstrom was a trainwreck at OG for me as well. It hurt.

Sliders will impact a players stats  too. Really aggressive sliders will make some players look great while others look terrible. Super conservative sliders can make good or great players stats look underwhelming 

Also @Tk3 pick damn it lol 

• Like 1