Roquan is being accused of rape

beardown3231

18 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Fwiw:

Also…take this as you will and I don’t mean anything defamatory by it, but I’ve always gotten the sense that Roquan…..played for a different team, if you will.

Even after the boat photos of him out with Abella Danger came out last offseason? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Even after the boat photos of him out with Abella Danger came out last offseason? 

Huh..guess i never saw that until now.  Whenever I’d see him post pics on Twitter i feel like they were always with other dudes in Napa or something.  Nothing wrong with a dude trip here or there, but i never saw him post any pictures with women.  That boat pic does throw a wrench into that theory though.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Huh..guess i never saw that until now.  Whenever I’d see him post pics on Twitter i feel like they were always with other dudes in Napa or something.  Nothing wrong with a dude trip here or there, but i never saw him post any pictures with women.  That boat pic does throw a wrench into that theory though.

Kyle Long got married pretty recently but before then he never really posted anything about his social life either. Probably for the relative anonymity of those they’re with. I remember how much **** the Trestman daughters got online just for being his daughters. You’d have to think a lot of guys want to spare people that kind of harassment. 

IK we are supposed to reserve judgement and yada, yada, yada.  I'm sorry, my BS meter shot way up with this one.  There is nothing I've seen that suggests there is any level of proof of this whatsoever.  I'm a person who believes extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  The stories have changed. There is no real proof here, and to my knowledge, the South African govt has not issued a request for extradition and there has been plenty of time for the results of the rape kit to.have been returned (if a rape kit was even done).  Again there is nothing here at all that seems to be real.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

IK we are supposed to reserve judgement and yada, yada, yada.  I'm sorry, my BS meter shot way up with this one.  There is nothing I've seen that suggests there is any level of proof of this whatsoever.  I'm a person who believes extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  The stories have changed. There is no real proof here, and to my knowledge, the South African govt has not issued a request for extradition and there has been plenty of time for the results of the rape kit to.have been returned (if a rape kit was even done).  Again there is nothing here at all that seems to be real.

The biggest red flag for me is that none of the major outlets has even addressed it after a few days. Not locally or nationally. We’re talking about a rape allegation against a star NFL player - a MAJOR sports news story - and it doesn’t even appear below the fold? 

• Like 1

We have little to go on to make any kind of opinion in any direction. 

A scary thing to have out there in ether during large contract negotiations though.

Smith certainly isn't happy about timing of it.   

I would think Bears certainly need to protect themselves and investigate the issue before agreeing to anything or at least put protections into contract this time and keep them there.  Roquan has already shown he won't agree to such protections in past.   Interesting to see what will happen and who blinks first.

If and it is huge IF, Roquan did do something wrong and it costs the Bears in some way, Pace first round track record gets even worse.

And Roquan was deemed safest pick in that draft. 

As much as Bears fans love Roquan, Fred Warner and Darius Leonard have arguably already shown to be better ILBs of that draft class.   

You can make a case even for Tremaine Edmunds being comparable and Edmunds is still improving and is younger, much bigger, stronger, and as fast.  He takes up a lot of space in zone coverage with his length.  

All of them taken after Roquan.

So for Pace in first round it goes:

Fields - we like him, but still unknown.  

Roquan 

MT

Floyd 

White

Pace also traded away 3 first rounders for Mack* and Fields. 

*Mack helped team get to playoffs in 2018 and 2020 and we lost in first round of both.  We also paid him a lot restricting other moves.

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If and it is huge IF, Roquan did do something wrong and it costs the Bears in some way, Pace first round track record gets even worse.

You can't blame GMs and coaches for anything that is are out of their hands. That's just illogical thinking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You can't blame GMs and coaches for anything that is are out of their hands. That's just illogical thinking.

No it isn’t.  It is by degree and ultimately results oriented.   Never completely fair, I will say that. 

Maybe injury is just bad luck, maybe you took a guy who is more injury prone.  Maybe you overlooked a prior injury you shouldn’t have.  Maybe he doesn’t do things to prevent injury enough.  You bear some responsibility for a guy who doesn’t work out for whatever the reason.   Even if it is small.  You picked him. Good news is you take credit for successes that may have had little to do with you as well.  

You do massive character breakdowns, background checks etc.  

If Kevin White gets hurt.  If Roquan turns out to have bad character.  If converting Floyd to edge doesn’t work during rookie deal, if Jenkins has back problems or Jaylon has shoulder problems, that’s all in part on you.  

Maybe there is bad coaching hampering players, well you picked the coaches.  

Will you always make right decisions? No, it is impossible, there are simply too many variables and we are not in control of world.   But you will be judged by them because you have to be more right than wrong.  That is way it is.  

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Not to jump the gun but I sorta feel after 3 days with no mainstream media picking this up we could lock this thread.

Agreed.

If any more news comes up we can re-open this. Until then it just seems a disgusting excuse for a "joke."