Fitzmagic calling it quits

Forge

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I’ll never forget the 2011 season when some people thought he was a franchise QB after beating the Patriots and then he completely melted down the rest of the season

You forgot that was 2015 and that the rest of the season was just one game in Buffalo where the defense also let Tyrod Taylor and Sammy Watkins scrape them.

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You forgot that was 2015 and that the rest of the season was just one game in Buffalo where the defense also let Tyrod Taylor and Sammy Watkins scrape them.

No, 2011 when he was on the bills  they beat the Patriots in Buffalo. Buffalo gave him a big contract and then he embarrassed himself the rest of the way 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, CP3MVP said:

No, 2011 when he was on the bills  they beat the Patriots in Buffalo. Buffalo gave him a big contract and then he embarrassed himself the rest of the way 

That whole team fell apart. I think Fitz broke his ribs. Kyle Williams broke his leg, Fred Jackson missed half the year..that 3-0 start was wild though. 

I just have to say good riddance to this guy after the money he stole from my team last season. He knew he was never coming back after he broke his hip in the first game, but he just continued to cash those checks. Even in November there was some talk that he might be able to come up, so he was clearly keeping that alive, but he never showed up on the field again and now has hung it up.

One of the things I noticed during the season was that he never bought a house in the DMV area to which he could have moved his dozen children. And as the season went on, I could tell that he was actively involved in the process of not buying a house in the area. That spoke volumes to me.

The kicker was when I saw him shirtless at the Bills game wearing their colors and cheering for them in the playoffs. It really made it feel like he wasn’t wholly committed to the Team Formerly Known As The Football Team with his entire heart — like we were just one of 10 teams he had some brief affiliation with or something. If I’m honest, it kinda made me wonder if the only reason he had even signed with us in the first place was because we offered him the most money and the best opportunity. 

If he really likes the Bills so much, maybe he could take a lesson from a true stand-up guy like Vontae Davis, who respected his team enough to make the decision to retire the very instant he thought he might not want to play anymore. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, e16bball said:

I just have to say good riddance to this guy after the money he stole from my team last season. He knew he was never coming back after he broke his hip in the first game, but he just continued to cash those checks. Even in November there was some talk that he might be able to come up, so he was clearly keeping that alive, but he never showed up on the field again and now has hung it up.

One of the things I noticed during the season was that he never bought a house in the DMV area to which he could have moved his dozen children. And as the season went on, I could tell that he was actively involved in the process of not buying a house in the area. That spoke volumes to me.

The kicker was when I saw him shirtless at the Bills game wearing their colors and cheering for them in the playoffs. It really made it feel like he wasn’t wholly committed to the Team Formerly Known As The Football Team with his entire heart — like we were just one of 10 teams he had some brief affiliation with or something. If I’m honest, it kinda made me wonder if the only reason he had even signed with us in the first place was because we offered him the most money and the best opportunity. 

If he really likes the Bills so much, maybe he could take a lesson from a true stand-up guy like Vontae Davis, who respected his team enough to make the decision to retire the very instant he thought he might not want to play anymore. 

A football career is incredibly short for most players. Make all the money that you can and don't regret it.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, e16bball said:

So providing for his huge family means nothing to you? Gotcha lol

4 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

So providing for his huge family means nothing to you? Gotcha lol

Sometimes when you quote things people posted a month ago, you won’t get the context or the reference that existed at the time. Lol

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 10:41 AM, e16bball said:

If I’m honest, it kinda made me wonder if the only reason he had even signed with us in the first place was because we offered him the most money and the best opportunity. 

Andrew Garfield Clapping GIF by SAG Awards

legit laughed at this line, well played 

• Like 1