Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

I'm glad Wilson is FINALLY turing it around in camp. Moore is tearing it up this year. I think he will be the #1 WR we have always wanted. Davis will be a very good 2 and Wilson as 3 is crazy. I don't expect much out of G. Wilson for the first half but I see him turing it on late or even for a playoff run. I'm still sticking with the we go as far as Hall will carry us. If Hall gets going early and often so will the Jets. It will take pressure of Z. Wilson. The D will need to get more 3 and outs this year too. The Jets sucked on 3rd downs last year. 

On 8/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson didn't throw a incompletion today, was on fire. Great to hear he is progressing. 

Exciting to hear now he just needs to start stacking them.  Reverting back to an up and down day after that type of practice would be disappointing.  Got practice starting now and the then Green and White tomorrow.  If he flies through the weekend playing great ball then I'll start to get excited.  The joint practices will be telling too.

This team is legit in almost every area outside of QB.  This season is riding on the shoulders of Zack.    

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Exciting to hear now he just needs to start stacking them.  Reverting back to an up and down day after that type of practice would be disappointing.  Got practice starting now and the then Green and White tomorrow.  If he flies through the weekend playing great ball then I'll start to get excited.  The joint practices will be telling too.

This team is legit in almost every area outside of QB.  This season is riding on the shoulders of Zack.    

Yup and there's no excuses anymore. There's literally nothing that could happen to this team that would excuse poor play by him. Bc the way JD built this team in a few years it not only has A LOT more talent... but actually has depth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup and there's no excuses anymore. There's literally nothing that could happen to this team that would excuse poor play by him. Bc the way JD built this team in a few years it not only has A LOT more talent... but actually has depth.

Agreed. We need him to at the very least, protect the football, take what the defense gives him and know when to pound the ball down field. His arm is extremely talented, but his inconsistency with his accuracy is very alarming. This is an extremely QB friendly offense and we have the horses to run the ball very well. Limit the turnovers and we'll have a chance in every game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I thought I saw like Jetsxfactor (whose content is great BTW) or one of those analytics sites discussing how bad Zack was at the gimme plays (0-5 yards of the LOS).  Wish I could find it again because they broke down him reverting back to the league average there with a slight bump in the rest of his game and where that put him statistically around the league.  

With the RB and WR talent he just needs to play within this offense that is so good and scheming guys open that if he just hits on those easy throws no reason he can't make that big statistical leap we need.

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. We need him to at the very least, protect the football, take what the defense gives him and know when to pound the ball down field. His arm is extremely talented, but his inconsistency with his accuracy is very alarming. This is an extremely QB friendly offense and we have the horses to run the ball very well. Limit the turnovers and we'll have a chance in every game. 

We were very good last year running the ball actually.  Now with our revamped OL and a healthy Becton we have a chance to be elite.  Problem was last year the QB wasn't a threat and we got down early and had to abandon the run to play catch up.  This year this defense should be average at least and with a very good running attack we should be in every game even against the elite teams.  That is a recipe to keep games close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I thought I saw like Jetsxfactor (whose content is great BTW) or one of those analytics sites discussing how bad Zack was at the gimme plays (0-5 yards of the LOS).  Wish I could find it again because they broke down him reverting back to the league average there with a slight bump in the rest of his game and where that put him statistically around the league.  

With the RB and WR talent he just needs to play within this offense that is so good and scheming guys open that if he just hits on those easy throws no reason he can't make that big statistical leap we need.

Yes if you think about it from a personnel standpoint. From when he was playing A LOT better to finish the season... he didn't have these guys who are now starters for us and guys who will rotate in.

Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Michael Carter, CJ Uzo, Ty Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Laken Tomlinson, Mekhi Becton.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes if you think about it from a personnel standpoint. From when he was playing A LOT better to finish the season... he didn't have these guys who are now starters for us and guys who will rotate in.

Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Michael Carter, CJ Uzo, Ty Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Laken Tomlinson, Mekhi Becton.

Crazy list when you see it typed out.  He was using his legs more which is something I think helped him cut down on the TO's.  His yardage totals were still low but overall he was making the correct reads which was good while taking those chunk plays on the ground when nobody was open.

All the good ones use their legs when the opportunity presents itself.  Not just the dual threat guys who have designed runs but the guys like Rodgers/Mahomes who will use their legs to extend plays and put their teams in short yardage situations or move the chains 6-7 yards at a clip.  Early on he was forcing throws into tight windows when there was green grass in front of him which put the team in 3rd and longs.  Later in the year it was his legs that transformed his game.

The OL has a chance to be special.  With him continuing to take those easy yards with his legs, hitting on those gimme plays, and hitting on a deep shot every once and awhile he'll take that leap.

I just hope this DL stays healthy, because they could be the best DL we have seen in a long time at getting after the QB. Even Zuniga is making plays in practice, if he breaks out and can contribute that would be awesome.  There is a good amount of talent on that DL. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I thought I saw like Jetsxfactor (whose content is great BTW) or one of those analytics sites discussing how bad Zack was at the gimme plays (0-5 yards of the LOS).

They are probably some of the tougher completions for a young QB. When Zach rolls out or is on the run he is not thinking. He is looking to make a play. The “gimme” plays gets Zach thinking too much which causes him to aim the ball. It’s like in baseball when an infielder fields the ball cleanly and has all day to throw it. Pitchers are notorious for poor throws. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Every time we say there’s no excuses then the excuses begin to pile up in terms of guys getting injured, drops, just bad luck in general. 

58 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Every time we say there’s no excuses then the excuses begin to pile up in terms of guys getting injured, drops, just bad luck in general. 

Injuries are gonna happen, nature of the sport.  Hopefully this time around we get some better luck and at least be middle of the pack and not the most injured team for what seems like the 3rd year running.  That and we also have some depth at WR and TE so Zack can still play with NFL talent and not guys off the PS.

It was a rough situation for a rookie QB.  Fell behind early (injured D), opposing teams pinned ears back knowing we had to throw, and all weapons were missing for the most part.  Not ideal to develop.  

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You want excuses?  I got a whole box of them. 
1.  Zach misses his Moms friend

2.  Zach misses his Moms other friend

3 Zach misses his Dads friend

4. There is a new coating on the ball that he can’t get used to. (The other 31 QB’s have no issue)

5. The league won’t let him wear his game day headband.

Ive been married with kids for over 36 years. I can extend this list to biblical proportions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Injuries are gonna happen, nature of the sport.  Hopefully this time around we get some better luck and at least be middle of the pack and not the most injured team for what seems like the 3rd year running.  That and we also have some depth at WR and TE so Zack can still play with NFL talent and not guys off the PS.

It was a rough situation for a rookie QB.  Fell behind early (injured D), opposing teams pinned ears back knowing we had to throw, and all weapons were missing for the most part.  Not ideal to develop.  

I agree, I’ve always said great players perform regardless of what’s around them. There can be reasons(excuses) for performance based things however. We can’t just excuse anything bad around him just because we all feel the talent on this team is better.

Good decision making and accuracy are good starting points. If he does those things consistently he’ll be fine and we’ll be fine.

• Like 1