Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

27 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

What is with Becton and his knee cap? That is what happened last time.... I feel for him, people want to blast him but he came to camp ready, this is very unfortunate. 

They HAVE to sign Brown ASAP. 

Keep Fant at LT, trade for Jawaan Taylor and plug him at RT.

Didn’t Fant struggle at RT? Would assume he would slide to RT if Brown is signed, right?

38 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Keep Fant at LT, trade for Jawaan Taylor and plug him at RT.

Didn’t Fant struggle at RT? Would assume he would slide to RT if Brown is signed, right?

Fant was an entirely different player at RT — no idea what this means for Brown, but not ideal.

Mekhi Becton officially has the injury-prone label.  I would not call Mekhi a bust.   Mekhi is a very talented but is now a player who can't stay healthy.   Jets can no longer Mekhi as a reliable player at the OT position.  It is time to move on.      I love all the picks the Jets made in the previous draft.  Rebuilding this team does not happen in one draft.  This situation dictates what the Jets have to do for the next draft.   I trust Joe Douglas process' and he will find a way to get the OL help the Jets need.

GO JETS!!!!

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Can/will Brown play RT? Moving Fant is likely a downgrade at both positions.

I think we're locked into not moving Fant from LT. So whoever we bring in will have to accept playing RT IMO. Maybe that's why Brown hasn't been signed yet. And maybe never gets signed. And actually I agree with that stance on our side. No sense of moving Fant for a guy off the street. Ya these guys are vets and have nice resumes... but you don't move the guy who knows the system at LT and has earned to stay there for a FA in TC. For me it should be looked at as to there should be no reason why a guy like Brown wouldn't accept a RT role. You have no team now and and you're a lock to start on an OL with us now. I think this pride of being a LT over a RT is overrated.

Furthermore we need to get an additional OT with McDermott out as well. Edoga isn't good and Mitchell needs to progress. We need 2 guys. I forget the name of the guy we signed yesterday... but for me he looked like he was more of an OG than OT. But this OT depth and even starting RT is now an issue. 

The optimistic view is that maybe (I think doubtful) is that this injury isn't as bad as we think and maybe he doesn't miss much time. Even if he can be back a few weeks into the season, that's still good for us. But the reports haven't been promising in that regard. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we're locked into not moving Fant from LT. So whoever we bring in will have to accept playing RT IMO. Maybe that's why Brown hasn't been signed yet. And maybe never gets signed. And actually I agree with that stance on our side. No sense of moving Fant for a guy off the street. Ya these guys are vets and have nice resumes... but you don't move the guy who knows the system at LT and has earned to stay there for a FA in TC. For me it should be looked at as to there should be no reason why a guy like Brown wouldn't accept a RT role. You have no team now and and you're a lock to start on an OL with us now. I think this pride of being a LT over a RT is overrated.

Furthermore we need to get an additional OT with McDermott out as well. Edoga isn't good and Mitchell needs to progress. We need 2 guys. I forget the name of the guy we signed yesterday... but for me he looked like he was more of an OG than OT. But this OT depth and even starting RT is now an issue. 

The optimistic view is that maybe (I think doubtful) is that this injury isn't as bad as we think and maybe he doesn't miss much time. Even if he can be back a few weeks into the season, that's still good for us. But the reports haven't been promising in that regard. 

Don’t get me wrong, would still love Brown — the fit just made a lot more sense as a swing tackle, than it does an everyday RT.

He’s a 15yr well accomplished/respected vet, likely mulling retirement. It’s a big ask for him to switch his position at this point, not necessarily a pride thing. I’m sure he has suitors, so ultimately depends on what he’s looking for in the twilight of his career.

Was Eric Fisher any good last season? Surprised to see his name out there. Has some experience at RT and unless he’s considering “early” retirement a position change shouldn’t be as daunting. 

Here is the list I would be having right now.

Nate Solder

Duane Brown

Bryan Bulaga

Eric Fisher

Daryl Williams

Marcus Cannon

Brandon Shell

Bobby Massie

Jason Peters

Sam Tevi

Now out of this list I would sign 2 maybe 3 becasue of the age of some of these guys.

1. Jason Peters. I know he is old and may only play a few games but he is still very good at 40.

2. Duane Brown

3. Eric Fisher

4. Bryan Bulaga

5. Bobby Massie

I'm not sure on trades but that might be a way to do it too.

I would do the Mims for Jenkins trade now. Jenkins is still very young so you grab him and a vet or 2 and let them play for the RT job.